im 19 weeks prego and how can i tell if my baby is moving or gas???????????

ms.mingo

Asked by ms.mingo at 7:47 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• it feels diff then gas if your 19 weeks then you most likely are feeling the baby .. when you feel sosmething put your hand down on your stomach and if it is baby moving you should feel a hard spot moving just push lightly thats what we do and we have felt the baby move since last week now im 15 weeks
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 7:50 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I'm 19 weeks too and I feel the baby move. Lay on your left side and drink some juice. You should def. be able to tell when your baby is moving, look for some lower kicks too
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 8:02 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I'm 4mo pregnant with my 2nd child, and I started feeling my baby move at 3mo. She always move at the lower part of my belly, but I also can feel her move down in my private part. Now that hurts alot, because she gives me strong kicks. But like they said gas, and the movement of your baby is very different.
    My2ButterFlys

Answer by My2ButterFlys at 8:14 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• When I was 18 weeks along, I was just like you. I seriously could not tell which was which.

Later on in this pregnancy, around 22 weeks I realized that those gassy movements that I was feeling were most likely baby :)

Of course there were some times that it was gas, however, the proof came out the back end.

So my way of telling... if you are not farting then it is baby.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 9:07 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I agree with girlneffy. I started feeling movement at 17 weeks and I was unsure if it was gas or baby, but before than I didnt have that much gas so I assumed it was baby. Doctor agreed with me. Now at 23 weeks, that gas feeling has turned into kicking. So just hang in there and its most likely baby you are feeling.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 9:20 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Gas makes a noise, the baby does not. I could tell around 16-17 weeks. Lay down in a quiet room when you're feeling it and you'll be able to tell the difference.
    Anonymous