Why are Jews the "chosen" people?

I dont understand why Christians feel this way?
Just because Jesus was "born a Jew" doesnt make Jews chosen?
Can you tell me why you feel this way...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:47 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Nope I don't think they are the chosen people anymore. Look at what happened. what makes me sick to my stomach is that the very people that God created are the ones who killed his SON!!!! This just makes me sick. I know that Jesus knew before he was born why he was to be born, but it still breaks my heart to know that we, humans killed Jesus!! May God be with you all!!
    Freda01

Answer by Freda01 at 8:34 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I don't know the exact passage but the bible actually states that the Jews are the chosen people.
    Anonymous

• Deuteronomy 7:6 For you are a people holy to the LORD your God. The LORD your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession.

now what we really need to think about is the fact that this part of the bible is from a time before Christianity even existed...

how true is this after Jesus? Are jews still the chosen people?
    Anonymous

• The belief that Jewish people are the chosen ones is not a Christian belief, it is a Jewish belief. Rather, isn't it true that Christians in fact believe that the modern Jewish people are NOT the chosen ones, and that Christianity is the way? Here is a link to a wikipedia page on the subject.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jews_as_a_chosen_people
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 7:56 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Deut. 14:2, Deut. 7:7-8 are two bible verses that refer to the Jewish people as God's chosen.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 7:57 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• As a Christian I believe that God has not changed His love for the Jewish people or the nation of Isreal and they are still His chosen people. The bible instructs us to pray for Jerusalem and it says God will bless those who bless Isreal. Also, when Jesus sent the disciples out He sent them first to the Jews then to the Gentiles.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 7:59 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I agree with bonn777
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 8:30 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• The Jews were chosen to be the people through which " the nations would be blessed" ( God's promise to Abraham, Genesis 12:1-3; Genesis 26:4) Jesus' birth was a fulfillment of this promise. Jesus sent the disciples to the Jewish nation first because they were looking for the Messiah to come. The Jews thought that the Gospel was for Jews only, but they were to go out and bless the world with the message. After the nation of Israel rejected the Messiah, the Apostles were instructed to take the message to the Gentiles.( Acts 10).

continued...
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 8:56 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• All believers are a part of "spiritual Israel". (Romans 2:25-29)

25For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.

26Therefore if the uncircumcision keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision?

27And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfil the law, judge thee, who by the letter and circumcision dost transgress the law?

28For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

29But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 8:58 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I don't believe God has changed His love for the descendants of Abraham, either, but He shows favor to we who have accepted His gift of eternal life through Jesus. He loves all people, not just one special group. Abraham was obedient and faithful and that's why he was blessed with this precious promise. The promise was to be a blessing to all mankind, the descendants of Adam and Eve. (Gen. 3:15)
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 9:06 PM on Nov. 6, 2008