Help Help and More Help!

I feel like crap. I finally told my SO how I felt. He cheated on me through our whole relationship, he wasn't their when our son was born or even now and even went around telling people it wasn't his, even though he new he was the only one I was ever with. The relationship was emotionally and even sometimes physically abusive, but stupid me stayed. Then he got engaged to an old girls friend without telling me and we were still sleeping together. You would think with all that I would have left but I stayed. Just now I told him how I feel, how he mistreated me through the whole relationship and he just yelled and told me to leave him alone stop bashing him. I want to leave him alone but I get scared that I might go back. I always feel bad after I tell him calmly how I feel. What can I do to pull away?

Jenaiko01

Asked by Jenaiko01 at 11:09 AM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• It sounds like you are just his booty call! You do not deserve that and neither does your child. Just tell yourself it is for your son.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 11:11 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• You teach people how to treat you, and from your post you did a great job at it. Learn to stan on your own feet, love yourself, and keep moving forward and not backwards. When you learn how to do that you won't need all the drama in your life.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:13 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Stand*
    MrsLeftlane

• Leave and never look back, remember there are guys out there who will love you for who you are, not cheat on you, and who will treat you the way you deserve and want to be treated.

Think of this - my mom was with a man for 20 years who was abusive, alcoholic drug addict. She regrets this now, she relizes now that she doesn't think she loved him so much that he made her feel terrible and like she wouldn't get better. He cheated constantly (when he went on benders) which tore my mom's self esteem down. My mom is free of him now and we talk about how happy she is and how much better life is when you are enjoying it not just getting through it.

Also think of what you child id learning from this man, boys will learn that this is an acceptable way to treat women and girls will learn it is okay for a man to treat a woman this way. I fought for a while myself with a part of me that enjoyed a volatile and mutually abusive partner.
    daisysrdeadly

Answer by daisysrdeadly at 11:17 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Sounds like my first boyfriend. Cut off all ties. You'll always love him, but you deserve better. Think of your son. You don't want him to think this is normal behavior for a man, do you? Goodbye, Mr. Not good enough .. start looking for Prince Charming.
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 11:18 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• He has you right where he wants you. Your self esteem has been stripped away & now you are under his command. He makes you feel like shit about yourself so that you'll never have the courage to leave. He is using you & abusing you & you are just letting him take advantage of you. If you ever want an ounce of happiness, leave & never ever look back.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:24 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I AGREE, with all above.

Why are you doing this to your-self, honey ?

There are better men out there, I promise.
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 11:26 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• But why does it feel bad to leave something thats bad. Why do I feel like crap and want to call back and say sorry?
    Jenaiko01

Comment by Jenaiko01 (original poster) at 11:26 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Hes conditioned you that way. Look up battered Womans Syndrome. See how many things there sound familiar.
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 11:29 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• find yourself a good man that will treat you the way you deserve to be treated and that will treat your son like he is your own. you dont need your SO if he is with someone else. just remember wat goes around comes around and he will meet the women that will treat him like shit like he did you.
    ajsmommy0801

Answer by ajsmommy0801 at 11:30 AM on Dec. 8, 2010