• In the Spotlight:

OK, here we go again...

So my boobs have been tender now 18 days. AF should be arriving any minute but no sign of it yet. I know I should take a test and I will pick one up tomorrow...Isn't 2 and 1/2 weeks a long time for breast tenderness if it is only due to my period?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I have no idea sorry, but i'd say so.
    Anonymous

• Well it all depends on how long your cycles are. If you have a normal cycle (or at least normal according to the average of 28 days), then 2 1/2 weeks ago you most likely wouldn't have even ovulated yet, so yes it would be abnormal. You may want to see your doctor, just so they can do a blood test for you and check to make sure you're not having any hormonal issues that are causing your soreness. When I was 16 (not even sexually active yet), I had a hormone imbalance that made my boobs INTENSELY sore, and I actually started to lactate. Boy was that embarrassing during gym class, lol...that's when I noticed!
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 8:22 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• My boobs hurt right before ovulation and continue until the day after my period starts. Everyone's body is different. This just started doing this 2 months ago when I turned 25. We are trying to conceive our first.
    Sims8386

Answer by Sims8386 at 8:27 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• My breasts are tender from a few days after I ovulate to the day after my period starts. But when I was pregnant they were so sore I didn't want people to even hug me!
    Simonsmama

Answer by Simonsmama at 9:45 PM on Nov. 6, 2008