What are some ways that you keep Christ in Christmas?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 11:16 AM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• The same way I keep Christ all yr long... in my heart. :-) Its that simple.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:18 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I also agree that the Nativity Story gives a great explanation of Christmas. Each day in our lives, we celebrate Christ's story and meaning in our lives. I'll admit we celebrate Chistmas everyday!
    MomReinvented

Answer by MomReinvented at 1:34 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• tell the story behind christmas and what that means to you and have those that you share this time with do the same. Never forgetting to pray before and after thanking God for his precious gift to us all.
    cakes258

Answer by cakes258 at 11:30 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• We talk about the birth of Jesus. We decorate with a nativity scene. But we are always talking about the Bible and Jesus. We just do more a Christmas time.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 11:34 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• We put up a nativity scene and read about the birth of Jesus on Christmas Eve. We aso explain the reason we give gifts is because of wisemen brought Jesus gifts. While we can't physically give gifts to Christ, we can give gifts and spread joy among his children.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 1:06 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• This morning I had a little talk with our Boys. I asked them if they knew what it was all about, and they said "toys".. It hit me like a ton of bricks... I didn't know what to say. I then told them this evening we're having a talk about what it's really all about. After I lost my Mom, I turned my back on having any kind of faith. I was so bitter. I didn't want anything to do with church, god, etc.... I have never taken my children to church, and frankly I don't plan to, but I do plan to talk to them about God, etc. It's a baby step for me, and I'm hoping our boys will have an open mind, and can understand. I think they're old enough now (7 and 8 yrs)...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:24 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I'm not Christian (although I LOVE Christmas), so I can't really answer this... but I just wanted to say to Shaneagle... that's a great answer!! ;o)

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:26 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Great answer Shaneagle.
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 1:32 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Leftlane, I will be praying for your safe return.
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 5:36 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• :) I don't....I just celebrate Christmas, and don't get all uptight about stuff.....In our home, we celebrate the season, put up a tree, put up a creche, buy gifts, put out stockings, leave cookies for santa and a carrot for rudolf, go to mass, have a nice dinner, put money in the salvation armies pots every time we see them, sing Christmas carols, watch christmas movies, this year my son will be in the Nutcracker...tell people merry chistmas or happy holidays, sit on sant's lap if we happen to see him, pray, wear a lot of red and green when we can afford it....and make merry!!!
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 1:12 PM on Dec. 9, 2010