So do you think that the Wikileaks guy really is a pedophile or are they just attempting to smear his name?

Also what about that "doomsday button" ? Scary huh?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 11:34 AM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I have no idea about the allegations, but i'm sure they were looking for everything & anything to get this guy behind bars.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:35 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• The rape allegations were filed before he leaked anything.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:36 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Oh I would not be surprised..i'm sure he's a real damn peice of work..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:45 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Craftmom, was it rape charges of an adult? I am sorry. For some reason I thought that it was young children. I guess I heard Sweden, rape charges and took it straight to pedophilia!
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 11:51 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• The whole situation is odd. According to the latest report from CBS, the 2 women in question didn't want to press charges against him. These 2 women  were only trying to find him so that he could get tested for STD's. The 2 women were with him on seperate occasions and met when both were trying to get in contact with him due to STD worries.  When they were not happy with his response (or lack of response) one of the  two women (or both) then went to the police.  Rape charges were filed, then dropped and then once the women got an attorney charges were brought up again..   So the whole thing started because 2 different women were worried about STD's, not because they filed a complaint against him for any type of sexual assault is my understanding at this point.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503543_162-200249

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 12:07 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I think the U.S. put pressure on them to find some way to get this guy and this was the best they could do right now. I hope he is so he can go to jail. I just don't think the U.S. can get their head out to actually convict him of espionage.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:11 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• they are probably trying to smear him,set him up.....you don't think Intelligence hasn't been aware of him for months? Time enough to get a couple of women to set him up and lie about rape? It happens,you know.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 12:38 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I think it might be a smear? Any one who has info against the Government their name get smeared. Normal!

Remember the CIA women, Valerie Plame, not that long ago?
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:48 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• One of the women is linked to some CIA-backed anti-castro stuff in the 70's. They both bragged about bedding him, and threw a party for him afterwards.
    We need to remember that in sweeden rape is defined differently. The accusation is actually that he tricked both women about wearing a condom. He contends that he didn't wear one and they knew it.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 1:17 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Jenny-Talia makes a good point (GREAT screen name by the way.. lol)..

This really isn't an instance of "rape" as we here in the States think of rape. He didn't not rape, sexually assault or abuse these women. He didn't wear a condom, they tested (it seems) postive for STD's (or an STD) and tried to contact him about it. That's where this is all stemming from, him not wearing a condom and STDs possibly being spread. The legal issue in question is : Did he trick them into having sex without a condom, or did they do so willingly and knowingly.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:20 PM on Dec. 8, 2010