No question...but only 9 days before my new life starts!! So excited!!

Some of you may remember...several months back, I came on here asking for prayers and support. My husband of 11 years had just announced to me that he was gay and had been so throughout the entire time we have been married. I went straight to the doctor, got my HIV test (which has been proven to be negative twice now) and filed for divorce.

I have two kids, so the thought of being a single mom was terrifying to say the least! I have since secured a job and a place to live in the city we will be moving to, which happens to be near friends and family. At the beginning of this...I was in a deep depression and thought I couldn't go on. Well...day by day and prayer by prayer...I did! I have since overcome many fears that have been holding me back for a long time. Praise God!!!

My divorce should hopefully be final within the next two months, I'm moving to my home state where my friends and family are and I am looking forward to the next chapter in my life. I believe that THE BEST IS YET TO COME!! If I can do this...so can anyone of you that is put in the position.

motherofpearls

Asked by motherofpearls at 11:35 AM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• way to go mama! I'm so happy for you!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:38 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• You go girl!
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 11:40 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Congrats. It sounds like you are headed in the right direction and that everything will work out. Good for you and Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 11:40 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I'm glad things are looking up for you!!!!!
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 11:40 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• hugsgood luck

vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 11:42 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Congratulations! There IS life after divorce...I am very happily married now to the love of my life after suffering a 13-year marriage with an alcoholic cheater.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 11:53 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• congrats Im so happy for you and I will continue to pray for yours and your family success. Praise God truely how marvelous he is!
    cakes258

Answer by cakes258 at 12:04 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Congrats and good luck on your new begining!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 2:42 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Hope you the best!!! :)..you are very strong..
    kmscsj

Answer by kmscsj at 4:12 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I remember that situation!!! See your a hell of alot stronger than you thought!!! That is awesome news that you took all the steps to secure a brighter future for you and your kids!!!
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 4:24 PM on Dec. 8, 2010