What should i do if my boyfriend dont want to get a job?

I have been with my boyfriend for 4 years now and we have a 4 month old but im the only one working and my job only pays mini wage and i only get paid every 2 weeks so we dont have much money coming in. we are living with his dad and i wanna get our own place but he doesnt want to get a job, he says he does but hes not even trying. im tired of not having money and living with his dad. wat should i do? should i try and make him get a job? should i leave him if he dont? i dont know what to do im so confused cus i love him so much and i dont want to leave him and take his son away.

ajsmommy0801

Asked by ajsmommy0801 at 11:35 AM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• Love doesn't feed you or your son, and he obviously DOESN'T love you back, dear. You're just sex to him. Kick him to the curb.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:36 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Tell him you're going to leave if he doesn't get a job.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 11:37 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I would leave & get my own small place. I have no time to stick around with losers. He has responsibilities & he is not manning up.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:37 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I don't think you can make him get a job because if he doesn't want to get one he won't. I think you really need to talk with him and tell him how you are feeling. See what he says. If you don't think he is going to get a job and you want to leave I would tell him that. If you think you can't stay then start looking at what will be best for you and the baby.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 11:38 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• You wouldn't be taking his son away, he would be losing him because of his own actions. Give him an ultimatum, get a job by such a date or I'm leaving. Follow through, start searching for housing you can afford. If he is a decent man, he will get himself together and take care of his son.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 11:39 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• You already have one child to raise, you don't need another one. Get rid of him.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 11:39 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• My friend's got a boyfriend man and she hates that dick (and the guy!)
    She tells me every day (woo! everyday now)
    He wants more dinero just to stay at home (stay at home!)
    Well my friend
    You gotta say: (gotta say!)

"I won't pay, I won't pay ya (woo), no way (no way!)
    Na-na Why don't you get a job" (woo - get a job!)
    Say "no way", say "no way ya, no way
    Na-na Why don't you get a job"
    (oh yeah!)
    "I won't give ya no money
    I always pay
    Na-na Why don't you get a job" (get a job!)
    Say "no way", say "no way ya, no way
    Na-na Why don't you get a job!"
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 11:40 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• What should i do if my boyfriend dont want to get a job?

***************************

KICK HIS ASS TO THE CURB!!!! lol If he wants to "contribute" to you & your new family he needs to suck it up and be a man. Who cares if he doesn't get much sleep, or he won't have time to play Xbox, or he just doesn't want to....blah blah blah.....

You shouldn't have to do everything. I bet you take care of the baby most of the time too...the only time you get a break is if you are at work...am I right? If i am way off in left field just tell me, but you shouldn't have to put up with that kind of crap. 

Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 11:42 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• You need to move on. He needs to man up and take care of his family and he isnt doing that. I agree Love does not feed a baby. You need a partner in life..not dead weight. STAY single until you know how to pick a better man. You dont need to have a man in your life to be happy. You deserve more than what you are looking for in a man.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:47 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Conley639 you are right the only time i get a break is if im at work or my mom has him. his best friend lives right behind us so the moment i get home from work he leaves and goes over there.
    ajsmommy0801

Comment by ajsmommy0801 (original poster) at 11:47 AM on Dec. 8, 2010