CNA

who here is a CNA? What are your duties and how many hours do you work?

TiffanieAnn

Asked by TiffanieAnn at 11:48 AM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Money & Work

• I work with several CNA's and the duties vary, but generally it is bathing, toileting, help with feeding, changing linens, vital signs per policy,some can do finger sticks, etc.. Hours on our floor are 12 hour shifts and they work about 3 days a week.. Pay in my state is not good, maybe 10 an hour is your lucky. Some states pay more.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 11:53 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I used to be before I became a SAHM. I worked in a nursing home. I did pretty much everything besides handle meds. I bathed, changed sheets,fed. I know there are some things I am leaving out. It's been about 11 years. I worked from 7 am to 3 pm. The days will vary though pretty much wherever you decide to work. Good luck!!!
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 11:54 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I'm not a CNA although my aunt is. She works the 11 - 7 shift at night so for her she is answering bells and doing rounds. In the morning she gets 3 or 4 people up for the day. Some days that means she has to give people showers or baths. Help get them dressed. During the night she answers bells, takes people to the bathroom or changes them if they need it.

I know on the 7 - 3 shift you have to get people out of bed for the day, they feed them breakfast and lunch and help them throughout the day. They make the beds and do all that stuff.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 12:11 PM on Dec. 8, 2010