Kitchen decorating help ...

We recently bought a cape cod style house that was built in 1944 ... We are fixing it up but still want it to have a "vintage charm" ... It has the original hard wood floors ...and in the kitchen it has the very old original black and white tile floors, and has old white cabinets and i love both of those things... But I am not sure what color to paint the walls or what curtains to get... There is a big opening to the dining room which is an apple green color and the living room is a honey color .. there is also a built on "sunroom" off of the kitchen and i am planning on making it a light blu-ish color ( kind of beachy).... I kind of thought of doing the kitchen the same as the dining room but I dont think I want that much green ( there is another built on "playroom" that is almost the same color green) ...

Any ideas ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Yellow
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:57 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Yellow or a light pea green would be pretty for a neutral look, but if you want bold, I would go with red.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:02 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• right after I posted this... I thought of yellow ! lol.... it has been weeks of trying to figure this out and I never though of yellow lol ...

So that is what
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:03 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• * accidently hit the ENTER button * lol

So yellow will be the color I do...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:04 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• For your windows........A beautiful black and white toile would look great. Google toile curtains and you should see good choices. GL Enjoy the house!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:20 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Yellow, or even a different shade of the green from the DR to tie both rooms together since you can see one from the other....
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 3:21 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I would stick with the black and white theme - white walls with black accessories.

mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 1:01 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I would go with a light tan color, and black and white toile curtains! That's what I did after painting my cabinets black, and stenciling a black colonial border along the top edge of the wall where it meets the ceiling. I then added sage green floral accents and painted some willow baskets sage green to give a neutral splash of color throughout. :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:07 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• i loe black and white too
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:23 AM on Dec. 13, 2010