• In the Spotlight:

V 8 on a diet??

can I drink a glass of v 8 for a meal like lunch do you think

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:50 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• I don't think it's filling enough for a lunch - but you could incorporate it into your snacks. I'd go low sodium, too. BUT that's just my opinion. Now I want some V-8!!
    swrockhead

Answer by swrockhead at 8:01 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• thank you very much maybe a glass and a bowl of loe fat cottage cheese would be a option

Anonymous

• That sounds good!
    swrockhead

Answer by swrockhead at 2:57 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• i hate to burst your v8 bubble - but if you do the calculations on the label - it is loaded with processed sugars - not good for a diet - you are better off eating some fresh fruit of veggie
    AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 2:07 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I agree with AndreaRUJuiced. V8 contains a lot of sodium (unless you get the low sodium kind) and a lot of sugars. Have some celery, a banana, and some cottage cheese. The potassium in the banana will clean the sodium out of your system, the protein in the cottage cheese will stick with you and the calcium will help your bones and the celery is just plain yummy.

Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 10:32 AM on Nov. 8, 2008