I suck at wrapping gifts...any hints on how I can do a better job?

girliemom0406

Asked by girliemom0406 at 12:05 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Holidays

• Gift bags are great for those oddly shaped items. There are tons of them out there and you can even find plain ones that can be reused for other occasions--never hurts to recycle!! But the type of paper you use has a lot to do with the success of the finished product. Really cheap paper tears easily and can be frustrating. Until you're better at it, either go really slowly and carefully or invest in some thicker paper. Work on a solid surface. So much easier to get those corners done. Don't cut your paper too big--or trim it down. Fold the paper to make your edges nicer--use the back of the scissors to crease it. On the ends, trim the top and bottom to a little more than 1/2 the measurement of the height and the sides to a little more than 1/2 the width. Fold the sides in first, crease. Then the bottom, then the top and tape. Ready cut tape helps too. HTH Happy Holidays!

SimplyLaine

Answer by SimplyLaine at 12:29 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Gift Bags :)
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 12:08 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Sometimes when I buy a gift I can have it gift wrapped for free.
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 12:06 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Practice is really all it takes. Get some old newspaper & practice. I have ALWAYS loved to wrap gifts, for some reason it's one of my favorite parts of Christmas. Also, get lots of boxes of all sizes. I have put ackward shaped gifts in other boxes just so that i can wrap it easier. Some kids toys just come in the stupidest shaped boxes...LOL!

I have my special wrapping technique, but i don't think i could explain it through words. I'd have to show you.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:09 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I use a no slip grip paper cutter with pop up tape and i always put my present on the paper be for i even think to wrap it up last year i had some stores do mine it was very easy and less stress
    Sweetwaterlilly

Answer by Sweetwaterlilly at 12:14 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• gift bags! Lol, they are a life saver for me, unless the gift is like a book or something. :D
    Sheacat

Answer by Sheacat at 12:23 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Don't try to make look perfect. The kids won't care. Also use gift bags when you can.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 12:41 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Put them in gift bags instead.
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 12:42 PM on Dec. 8, 2010