what neat ways did you tell family and friends you were expecting?

With #2 we had DS walk in in a tee shirt that said I AM GOING TO BE A BIG BROTHER
With #3 we let #1 and2 tell all at a family dinner

rebeccadac

Asked by rebeccadac at 12:09 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had my daughter wear a t-shirt that said "I'm a big sister" and we skyped my mom and his mom. They were so excited. We are going to find out the sex right before christmas so we are going to get a blue or pink gift and wrap it for everyone to open at the same time.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 12:13 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I told my 3 yr old and she has a big mouth so Im just waiting until the day she spills the beans and its any day now. So that is how my family and his family will know.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 12:12 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• We set it up with my brother, who asked in front of my parents "What do you want for your birthday?" and I replied "maternity clothes"
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 12:27 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• we told his mom that we had some where important to go and took her to the first ultrasound wih our second baby and with this one we sent her an ultrasound picture and the first we wrapped up the pt test and handed it to her
    devlynsmommy08

Answer by devlynsmommy08 at 12:38 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• When pregnant with our first, we gave out our usual Easter cards and said, "Happy Birthday ____"...in the blank put "Grandma", etc. They all seemed to do a double take when reading it.

With this one, we had our son wear a "big brother" shirt to the family gatherings we were going to. It took people a little longer to realize this time around, but it was fun to see their reactions when it clicked.
    sunshinepraying

Answer by sunshinepraying at 8:23 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Well we still havent told my BF mother yet but since the first trimester will be almost over by christmas, we are going to put the first ultrasound in a christmas card that says Merry Christmas Grandma. It will be the last thing she opens, and we will be taking pictures of every gift she opens but then switch to recording when she opens the card....(iPhone)
    newmom07142011

Answer by newmom07142011 at 6:56 AM on Dec. 9, 2010