Frustrated!!!!

I just talked to niece, she just got married in August, to a man that makes fairly good money. I know that for many years she had struggled around this time of year, doing Christmas for her 5 kids, But she was telling me that they just spent 875 dollars for her teeth and then went and spent 1000 dollars on her kids for Christmas. I thought that was awesome considering she had never been able to do that. Then she went on to tell me that she had still signed up for Operation Santa Claus and had planned on signing up for the hope for Christmas fund as well. I was so frustrated because to me she is taking from other kids that could use the gifts more. Parents out there that have lost their jobs, parents with only one income, single parents as she once was. I think she is greedy and a scrooge.Sorry just had to vent.

hodgkinrus6

Asked by hodgkinrus6 at 12:11 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Holidays

• Maybe you should speak up and remind her that the kids who REALLY need Christmas help don't already have $1000 worth of gifts under the damn tree. People like that make me sick.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:13 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• that IS frustrating! Sad that she cant leave it for someone who really needs it! To many people use the programs like that...even sadder when it is some one you know that is that said user!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 12:13 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I think I would have to say something. I am just able to spend about 100 each for my children. There is no way I could do that though. I know there are alot of kids out there that wouldn't get anything without those organizations.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 12:16 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I think I'd be calling those charities and letting them know that if she shows up to receive assistance she is scamming them--at least this year. She doesn't need this kind of help and it is lower than whale dung for her to take advantage of the kindness of others. If anything she should be volunteering her time at those charities that have assisted her all those years. Disgusting is the only word I can come up with to cover that.
    SimplyLaine

Answer by SimplyLaine at 12:17 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I would be frustrated, too. That's just plain wrong. It's wonderful that she's doing so well after having struggled for awhile, but now she needs to realize she isn't in that situation anymore but there are plenty who still are!
    amyb99

Answer by amyb99 at 12:18 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I think you are right and I might even say something to her. Maybe because she has had to use this help she feels she still needs to use it. Maybe you could remind her how lucky she is and how there might be more people out there that need help this year.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 12:18 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• That is frustrating. Perhaps by "signing up" she meant that she was donating this year?
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 12:18 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• ❤¸.•*""*•.¸maybe you should remind her that she was once a struggling mom who needed help and seems this year she has had the funds to be able to have a very merry xmas with her family and that maybe she shouldn't sign up for these things this year and leave them for the families that don't have the blessing's she has this year..❤¸.•*""*•.¸
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 12:25 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Wow! I think you need to talk to her about that. Obviously she does not need the extra now. She is taking away from children who will not have a Christmas unless they get help.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 12:35 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Uh, yeah, she needs to be reported.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 12:38 PM on Dec. 8, 2010