do you think i should give my daughter his last name?

my babysdaddy has never supported me during my whole pregnancy well he would come visit me from time to time..he blames it on work and on his little brother he visits in a home for disabled kids..i dont think those are good excuses. i get along with his family really well..do you think i should give my daughter his last name? sometimes hes a bitch with me too.. hes always putting me down for no reason.. if i chose to not give my daughter his last name could he do something about it like take me to court and fight to change things? i mean im not saying he cant see her.. all he really wants is to claim our baby to get more money at his work and income tax i dont think thats fair money is all he thinks about and has none

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 PM on Jul. 5, 2008 in Relationships

• Hell no. Fuck that doode. Ok if he wasn't supportive, then really, should u be supportive of what he wants? I think not.
    Hezekiahs_mom

Answer by Hezekiahs_mom at 11:52 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• He cant force you to give the baby his last name....but he can take you to court for visitation, or you could take him to court for child support. Either way your looking at the judge ordering a DNA test, and the one to bring the case to court usually ends up paying for the DNA test. It's VERY expensive BTW
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:53 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• If it's his baby then yes put your last name then his last name i had the same isusse with daddy drama and my son has my last name and his sperm doners last name and my son has never seen that other half but i would say hell yeah FYI (if you go to child suport the dad has the right to ask for DNA and the child support will do it free to you he may have to pay or you can check online for cheap DNA.com)
    jojomommy

Answer by jojomommy at 2:27 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• No, he can't take you to court on how you name your daughter, indeed he has not right to be on the birth cerificate if you say no even the DNA proved he is the father. And you still can get child support with the DNA test prove!!!

If you are good with his family, why dont' you complain it to his family. I am sure his mom will whip his ass straight.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 5:45 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• I would not give your child his last name. My oldest daughter came from my first marriage. My ex-husband and I only lasted until she was a year old. We were both immature and should never have married but it was what it was and I was lucky to get my daughter out of it. But I NEVER scored any child support from him because he purposely took wait-person jobs so his income was too low for them to take anything from him (I'm pretty sure I got screwed in the paperwork; never had enough money for a tough lawyer). He has never been a part of her life by his own choosing , and she is stuck with his last name because I have no money to go through the legal process of having her name changed. My current husband has been her daddy since she was 1 and a half years old, and it breaks his heart also that she is the only one out of us and our 2 other children with a different last name. Just my 2 cents.
    alleyway.ink

Answer by alleyway.ink at 12:18 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• i didn't give my daughter her dads last name. i figure... i did this myself.... well all the work and i will raise her so she will have my name. plus it is less confusing for a child as they get older i think. if their name matches mommy's?
    angiehunny

Answer by angiehunny at 1:48 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• well i don't think you should deny your baby the last name. oh and by the way if the baby lives with you and you work he can't claim the baby if you don't want him too. just a little of advice lose the loser and move on he just trying to keep u quiet so don't put him on child support maybe i could be wrong...
    Anonymous

• I gave my daughter her dad's last name and regret it all the time. It's awkward correcting her teachers when they assume my last name is hers, and traveling with security the way it is now is a pain and they really take the time to check that birth certificate before they let you on a plane.
    Spooka

Answer by Spooka at 2:06 AM on Jul. 9, 2008