My daughter is getting picked on on the school bus. Who should I talk to first? The bus driver or the kid's parent's?

girliemom0406

Asked by girliemom0406 at 12:23 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• the school principal!!! or superintendent as they are the boss of the bus driver. as a teacher and one who is against bullying good luck! make sure you don't just tell the principal about it, ask what he/she is going to do to FIX it! and if you don't see results talk to him/her again and then to superintendent! also, by going to principal it's recorded... you'll then have a paper trail... if it keeps happening then students should get removed, esp if he/she is bullying others!
    HappyMomma86

Answer by HappyMomma86 at 5:28 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Bus driver
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:24 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Talk with the bus driver first- you have to remember there are 2 sides to everything and your daughter is probably only telling her side. Not saying that she isn't telling the truth but sometimes kids leave out a part of the story. I would definitely talk to the bus driver and to someone at the school before even thinking of contacting this kid's parents.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:26 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• the school
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 12:25 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• ❤¸.•*""*•.¸Go straight to the bus driver first..then if that doesn't help make complaint to transportation..then talk with the school and get in contact with the parent and find out whats going on!!
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 12:27 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I would go to the school. That way the principal is involved because I am not sure there is anything the bus driver can do. If you go straight to the shcool then they can deal with it and possible have the other child taken off the bus.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 12:30 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Bus driver & the school.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:30 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Bus driver and school. If it doesn't get better then go to the parents. Good luck!!!
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 12:32 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I would give the Bus Driver ONE Chance to take care of it, then i would go straight to the Principle- I'm sorry your daughter is having to deal with a Little Bully!

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 3:12 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I'd talk to the bus driver FIRST and then go up the line to the principal etc. I always like to begin with those closest to the source, to get their take or maybe even alert them as they may not be totally aware (I mean they are driving a bus full of kids and I would hope they are paying good attention to the road. and with a bunch of kids they may not know if something is going on in the middle or back of the bus.
    They may also present a diff. slant to the situation or give you more info etc. that you can THEN use to talk to the principal or parents if you are close to them.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 8:24 PM on Dec. 8, 2010