My daughter doesn't stay in her bed at night she comes down in the middle of the night & sleeps in the recliner? Any hints on how to resolve this?

girliemom0406

Asked by girliemom0406 at 12:32 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• You might want to ask her why she is getting up. I would not worry to much about it although if she shares a room and there is a problem she might not tell you.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 1:15 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• We just let her do it. She has slowly be doing it less and less. We figure as long as she is happy and going to sleep. There is no need to make a big fuss out of it. Heck there are times I need to come and sleep on the recliner myself.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 12:34 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Agree with above.. After 3 kids myself, I don't worry so much. As long as they are sleeping and not getting into things. I would leave it alone. As she gets older she will stay in her bed.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 12:41 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Get a gate to put across her doorway at night. That way, if she gets up, she will have to remain in her room. I would be concerned that she might open an outside door and go out into the night. If all else fails, get an alarm system.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:42 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• How old is this daughter?
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 12:44 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• She is 6 & shares a room w/her 4 yr old sister. She has to get up at 7AM for school.
    girliemom0406

Comment by girliemom0406 (original poster) at 12:46 PM on Dec. 8, 2010