5 month old still struggling

I am so frustrated! My LO had colic, everyday was getting better and better. Until 2 weeks ago he has been miserable. And sleeping worse than he ever did as a newborn. He also has screaming fits throughout the day and hardly has any naps. I honestly feel like something is going on. Ive had him to the docs. He's on pepcid, his belly is quiet and his teeth are not cutting through. I am taking him back today. Do you think Ishould have blood work done? What else could I do or try?

mlmsm928

Asked by mlmsm928 at 12:33 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Oh and I forgot to mention.. My older son has been sick as well as us with a stomach virus. And my LO did get it but I can't imagine he would be screaming from it and for 2 weeks now....
    mlmsm928

Comment by mlmsm928 (original poster) at 12:35 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• hmm, usually colic is not a problem after a baby turns 3 months. though im sure there are some cases where it could possibly continue. i would honestly think he's teething if he's still miserable.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:36 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• My 9 month old son has the "stomach virus' too and he's had it for a month. I am in the same boat as you. I had them do a blood screen on Monday, particularly for lead and am still waiting for the results. We tried allergies-nope, carbon monoxide-nope, collapsing intestine-nope, something stuck in his stomach-nope. If it is a stomach virus, this is the worst effing one ever!!
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 12:40 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I don't know what it could be, but I urge you to listen to your mommy instincts. Teething makes them miserable, bot not to the point of screaming and losing sleep (not in my experience).
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 12:43 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Has the doctor checked his ears, for an ear infection?

Take him to a pediatric chiropractor - I promise it will work wonders, especially if you take him regularly!
    Anonymous

• My son had an ear infection and he was cutting teeth it was unbeariable. Go with your instincts Momma. Is he showing signs of being sick, then bring him to the doctor just in case, but most of the time they tell you do this or that and send you on your way. So, really anaylze what's going on with him and decide from there.
    Good luck to you, Hope your baby feels better soon.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:42 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• My son was colic for 6 months - ALL day screaming and No sleep- I suggest yes, bug the doctors but try a chiropractor - that helped ease some of his symptoms- although it helped Max a bit -he still cried all the time til he was.... well he is 3 and I am waiting for it to calm down - could be milk sensitive.. max is lactose intolerant and most forumlas are milk based - I had him on soy and nutramigen and that didn't help either - I wish I had better advice.... maybe retry the gripe water at the moment?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:19 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• When there is something vague bothering my LO, my first line of defense is always a trip to the chiropractor.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 9:44 PM on Dec. 8, 2010