I am 15 weeks pregnant today! I am starting to itch all over - from head to toe. No rash, no hives. My friends are saying they did the same thing while pregnant and that it is a pregnancy thing... Nothing brings relief except benadryl which I can only take once a day per the doctor and it makes me very sleepy. I am miserable at work because I itch so bad, lotion brings no relief. Any suggestions?

JHolcombe22

Asked by JHolcombe22 at 12:37 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Colloidal oatmeal bath
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 12:38 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I second the colloidal oatmeal bath. Also, can you use anything like calamine lotion? I think they have a clear version. Or did you already try that?
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 12:39 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Drink lots and lots of water. Keeping your body hydrated is very important. Itching can be a sign that you aren't taking in enough liquids, and if your skin still seems dry and itchy, look into getting a humidifier for your home.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:39 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Listen to the girls above, your skin is stretching and it's only going to get worse. Good luck sweety!!
    Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 12:42 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I have the exact same issue and im 18 weeks my ob nurse said Try aveeno lotions but so far i have had no luck....
    TatymMommi

Answer by TatymMommi at 12:43 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Try coco butter it worked for me both times
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 12:48 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I would ask your doctor about this. I've heard of a woman's abdomen aching, but I've never heard of being itchy from head to toe. Sounds like you may have developed a sensitivity to something.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:24 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• well it is normal. I just wore comfortable clothes and iched gently all over (expect in private places). Even my boobs itched. But when you get pregnant, the rise in hormones can make you sensitive to things. So be aware of foods and meds you are taking.
    AbsoluteSelf

Answer by AbsoluteSelf at 2:26 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• where do you get the oatmeal bath stuff at?
    TTCchica

Answer by TTCchica at 11:34 PM on Jan. 3, 2011