Another fun question! How did you first know when you were pregnant? And how did you react?

jacy3031

Asked by jacy3031 at 7:58 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• With the first time I was pregnant I was sitting in wafflehouse, and my husband said that the toast made him sick and he looked at me and said oh yeah I think I did it (mind you he hasnt thrown up in over 7 years) then they brought me my food and it made me sick and I ran to the bathroom and threw up, yeah a week later I was pg. Everytime I get pg I get morning sickness. The other time we left for rita and I came back pg. This time we left for Ike and yeap I came back pg. I hate hurricanes, yes the last two times I sobbed miserably and the "rita baby" I actually beat on my husband (he was just so freaking happy and I was almost 3mths and didnt know or pay it mind) this time I just screamed in horror.lol
    MommaKee

Answer by MommaKee at 4:37 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Hubby said I was pregnant after taking my third slice of meatloaf one night, lmao. Never even came across my mind until I was one week late, took a test and it was positive. I was scared and excited at the same time.

Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 8:05 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• i went to the dr with a cold and found out while i was there because the dr new i was ttc and wanted to make sure before he prescribed me a bunch of medicine! I was so excited.. I found out at noon and had to wait until 4:00 to tell ANYONE, because i wanted my dh to know first! To top it all off i had a flat tire when i was leaving the dr's office, and had to change the tire then drive to the tire store to have it fixed!!! it was a great day regardless!!
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 8:09 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• We were ttc and I was charting like crazy. It was only our second cycle, so I wasn't expecting anything good to happen yet, especially since I'm older than the average first time mom (I was 37 at the time).

Anyway, I got up and charted my temp (it was 5:30am) and it was pee-test day, which I did by rote (remember - totally expecting a negative) and then there was this incredibly faint second line.

I freaked, screamed, woke my husband up by saying, I"m turning the light on so cover your eyes NOW, and flipped the light on to make him look at it.

He claimed it wasn't a second line! lol We fought about that for about 10 minutes, then I told him, "Fine, I'll test every day for the next week and then you'll eat your words!"

:D

He did.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 8:23 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• With my first child, I went to work one day with a stitch in my side. My co-worker told me that it meant I was prego. I chalked it up to old wives tale. Boy was I wrong. (My sister had the same thing happen to her when she conceived. It isn't an old wives tale. It happens to many women.) My second, I knew down to within an hour when I conceived. I went on the internet and did my research. With my third child, I was tired most of the time. I told myself that if I was still as tired the second month, I would go to my dr. to be tested for cancer. At the end of the month, I took a pregnancy test and it was positive. With all three of my pregnancies, I could not stand the color of pink. It literally made me nauseous.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 12:44 AM on Nov. 7, 2008