Is ObamaCare unworkable?

Nearly Three weeks ago, it was announced the Obama administration had issued 111 waivers, exempting companies/unions/etc from ObamaCare...  If ObamaCare is all that Democrats (in DC and 'some' on CM) tout it as being~Are your surprised with this?? HHS Waiver Mania?

ObamaCare waivers JUMP up to 222

The Obama Administration has quietly granted even more waivers to the new federal health reform law, doubling the number in just the last three weeks to a new total of 222.

One of the more recognizable business names included on the newly-expanded list of waivers issued by the feds is that of Waffle House, which received a waiver on November 23 for health coverage that covers 3,947 enrollees.

Another familiar name was that of Universal Orlando, which runs a variety of very popular resorts in the Orlando, Florida area.  Universal was given a waiver for plans that cover 668 workers.

These waivers deal with limited health benefit plans, sometimes referred to as “mini-med” policies, which companies as large as McDonald’s use for some its employees.

Obamacare's mandates would force these companies to drop coverage entirely for part-time/lower-wage employees under full ObamaCare enforcement.  So they need a waiver....

In Your Opinion~   Does Issuing 222 waivers (and counting) send a message that this law is unworkable?  If not, how many waivers will it take for the message to be clear?

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 12:44 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• – collapse
    I think he is trying to make the Republicans happy. He is giving in about extending the Bush tax cuts too. He is already a moderate---soon he will be a Conservative. ughhh.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 12:50 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 (hidden) + expand

• I think he is trying to make the Republicans happy

OMG, kerp you think the waivers are catering to Republicans?? Seriously?  That is the most idiotic thing I have read....  You never cease to amaze me...

grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 12:53 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• How do you know those waivers went to Republicans? In all actuality many are going to companies being run by unions. As for his "deal", the Republicans are being hosed. Those Dems are whining about their stinking ego.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:56 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Yes,so it is time to ditch the pos..however possible..defund it..shove all 2,000+ pages up O's a@@..whatever.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:01 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• OMG, kerp you think the waivers are catering to Republicans?? Seriously? That is the most idiotic thing I have read.... You never cease to amaze me...

Me either. She has the fraternity, Skull and Bones, controlling the world in another post.

And yes it has been unworkable since before it was enacted.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 1:01 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• She has the fraternity, Skull and Bones, controlling the world in another post.

Ahhh paranoia? Name changes..hiding ..shes got the signs!
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:03 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

Ohhhh my..... IMO~She's off her rocker...

grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 1:04 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• It angers me that the politicians (legal eagles, for the most part) refused to address REAL HC reform, beginning with tort reform. THEY will never place the country's needs before their own pocketbooks. THEY do not care that they passed a half azzed bill, THEY are unaffected-THAT'S what angers me the most- citizens being treated as third class citizens, while we fund their Cadillac plans-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 1:09 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• So true sister. Tort reform would not be considered and has been blocked numerous times by the party of lawyers.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 1:15 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Is it unworkable?
    Yes.
    I favor complete repeal, but realize that when the GOP gains control, true reform will either never happen or be very slow in the process.
    The bill will probably be pieced apart, and re introduced as something new a very long time from now.
    Waivers completely negate the whole reason for ever introducing or signing the bill to begin with. Unless of course, all you wanted to do was " Make History".
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 1:23 PM on Dec. 8, 2010