Let me re phrase this, how much time does YOUR husband spend with your kids?

He does need time to himself, so what is reasonable?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• When he's not at work,he's with us. His me time is spent watching sports,but he doesn't ignore his son

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:50 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Really? It might add up to two or three hours a week total. Kid should be thankful. I get less than that. (I don't count him watching TV with either of us to be "spending time together."
    Anonymous

• My husband spends all of his time away from work with the kids when they are awake. So, on weekdays from 5-8:30 when they go to bed, and in the mornings from 6:30-8:30 (when he leaves for work). On the weekends, he spends all day with them. Once every other month or so he goes to play paintball with the boys. And on Sundays he isn't with the kids for an hour while we are in Sunday School.

Answer by missanc at 12:51 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Right now he's home full time, and he's usually with the kids full time. In fact he has them more than I do right now...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:52 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• DH goes out once or twice a month for his 'time to himself'. The rest of his time is pretty much all spent with the family.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:52 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• For the most part we're all together unless DD is sleeping which is kind of when we get time to do our own thing or hang out together. Like if DH wants to go online or watch the game he usually does that when DD is in bed- on the weekends if a game is on it will be on tv but he is particiaptes in the other happenings at home. He is also laid off so he has DD at home with him 2-3 days a week when she is not in daycare. Guys night out is pretty rare but if it comes up I don't mind him going, as long as it wasn't more than once a week at the most I would be ok with that, and I don't feel guilty taking an afternoon or evening here and there to spend with my sister either.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 12:57 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• From when he gets home from work til they go to bed. Then he gets his time to himself. Then on the weekends. From when they are up till go to bed. Depending on what needs to be done. But if they can help. He has them help him out.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 12:57 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• DF is with our daughter anytime he is not working. ANd if he is working and I have class or something, he generally takes her with. He always says he was bron to be a family man and nothing makes him happier than to be with his family.
    BriHan06

Answer by BriHan06 at 1:00 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• When he is home, he spends time with them. He gets home from work, takes a shower and then pretty much plays with the kids while I get caught up on housework until it is time for bed. Then I wash them and he dries them, lol. If he has "me" time it is usually on a Friday or Saturday night, he will go to movie with his brother after the kids are asleep. Also, if I know he had a rough, tiresome week at work, the kids and I will leave Saturday morning and come home at nap to give him some space to relax but he never has ask me to do that. I just know it helps. On weekend if he has stuff to do around the house the boys are his shadows and are helping.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 1:11 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• my husband is home 24/7 but the TV gets 99% of his time..when the kids are home I am still the one who does it all and I do not count watching TV while his son dances in front of him showing off his latest moves spending time with him...I read all the books, I do all the encouraging, all the game playing, snowball throwing, etc. all hubby does is breathe the same air
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:11 PM on Dec. 8, 2010