getting help around the house...

I have asked my husband several times to start helping me out around the house. and still nothing gets done unless i do it. i work full time now and he stays home with our 2 boys. i just cant keep up with everything. its like he puts no effort into the house. i work from 2pm to 10pm, by the time i get home I'm so tired, then the next day the house is destroyed, and left for me to clean. how do i get my husband to realize how hard it is for me and that i NEED help!! I'm tired of asking him... i shouldn't have to ask anymore.

CoOkIe_601

Asked by CoOkIe_601 at 12:53 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• Most men just have not aquired the skills of being able to look around the house and see what needs to be done. Rather than asking for more help around the house, before you leave in the morning, point out a few specific things that need to be done. Or alternatively, sit down together and make up a weekly chore list and divide it up equitably so that he knows what he needs to get done over the course of the week.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:56 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• leave him a list
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 1:36 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I know it's tough to stay at home but he should at least have a little time to at least pick up.
    Averylee85

Answer by Averylee85 at 2:22 PM on Dec. 8, 2010