I QUIT! I QUIT! I QUIT! ( yes, vent) (UPDATE!)

I am going to quit. Quit doing all the laundry, cleaning, childcare, worry about money, stress about Christmas, stress about family, stress about bills, stress about dh job, stress about insurance, all of it ! I am the only one in my house that ever cleans anything, ever washes anything, ever bathes kids, read bedtime stories, I pick all the Christmas gifts, even for his family, I pay all the bills. (He works, but has no clue about the bills) I cook, clean and take care of everything. And he actually had the nerve to tell me that I am fat, lazy and need to get a job, because he can do everything that I do, and do it better! Well, I have news for you, mister! You can't change a poopy diaper without losing your lunch! How the hell do you tink your goona be able to handle what I do in a day. Remember when I left for the night to visit my dad? I had to make sure to write it all down for you, so you could remember it. I quit! If you think you can do better than me, have at it! Just keep your new bitch away from my kids, you jackass!

Update! Okay, maybe I was not clear, but, my husband is NOT cheating on me! He was just being a jerk yesterday morning. We have been argueing a lot here lately. I really do think it is because of all the stress we have been under. But, it is still not okay for him to start in on me like that. I really am the one who does everything around here, and for him to question me about that had me fuming. When he came home from work yesterday, he was in a better mood, and told me he was sorry for yesterday morning. Any way, I really just needed to vent because I was so angry. And by the way, I did not do a thing yesterday to this house, just to show him what it looks like when i don't. He did not say a word about the house being a mess. I think once the holidays are behind us, we will both feel better. Thanks to all of you who commented. And, if he starts this crap again, I will just have to catch him in his sleep and beat him with a potato in a sock!

A.Perry

Asked by A.Perry at 12:53 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• clapping

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:56 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• They never know how hard it is until we stop enabling them. They think it's a breeze, and by all means some days it's a breeze. In the sense of how hard/easy it is, it's like most any other job. Only you have NO clock out time. ( like to think I clock out at 8 when both kids are in bed, but you all know how that ends up..... mom I'm thirsty )

My hubby and I had argued this once before, and I went camping with my parents, left him home with our 3 year old. He'd done all the laundry, feedings, ( all the I'm still hungries) all the oops I didn't make it to the toilet, all the random messes after everything was just cleaned. I was gone 3 days.

When I got back my husband hugged me and said I'm sorry I said those things ( a while back ) Watching him alone all weekend was harder than I thought.

Now we have two kids lol.... he never questions it.

Sorry and good luck to you and your ventures. :)
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 1:02 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Hugs. Have a cup of tea now. Then schedule a vacation - to be taken alone.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 12:55 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I hear ya. I'm in the same boat, but my husband is working 700 miles away. I might as well be single....
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 1:01 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I think you need to paint a few "Mom on Strike" posters before you officially quit.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 1:03 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Quit if you want to I find it more satisfying to get even though. My DH gets awful rashes if I use TIDE laundry detergent... I used it on his underwear OOOPPS. He does his own laundry now.

SueAnd2

Answer by SueAnd2 at 1:11 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Good for you, let him do it and see how easy it is!! you go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Answer by older at 12:55 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Feel better now? Just hang in there girl.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 12:55 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• whew.. you go girl!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:58 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Give him a taste of his own medicine. You go girrrrlllll!
    cemoore1225

Answer by cemoore1225 at 1:00 PM on Dec. 8, 2010