Baby food change poop color?

My son just started baby foods. He started carrots two days ago and today he pooped and there was orangish red color in it. Is that normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:00 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Totally normal. You'll be seeing all kinds of different colors and textures as your little one learns to digest all these new foods.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 8:01 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Yup. Wait 'til you give the baby creamed meats, especially chicken. I cannot begin to describe the foul aroma and bizarre texture! lol
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 8:19 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Thank you. I was hoping that was the case.

Not looking forward to meats at all now, LoL!
    Anonymous

• Yes it is totally normally. My daughters favorite is Prunes mixed with blueberries and her poopie looks horrible! It's been orange, green, yellowish, ect. It has always changed depending on what I fed her. lol
    MarlasMommy

Answer by MarlasMommy at 10:44 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Yes, especially if its like carrots, sweet potatos etc. lol Its just like ours. But the doctor should have warned you.
    MommaKee

Answer by MommaKee at 4:31 AM on Nov. 7, 2008