Oh shit...16 year olds getting pregnant.

I just realized I wished a 16 year old good luck on trying to get pregnant on cafemom. Crap!
I change my statement, you should be concentrating on school and graduating not on TRYING to get pregnant. You are a baby yourself.
Anybody else noticed the slew of them on here lately??

Shanna84

Asked by Shanna84 at 1:16 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I don't know what the hell they are thinking! I was 15 and pregnant and my family did support me in my decision. But now I'm nearly 30 with just a GED. Not graduated from college and with a good career like I thought I would be by now!
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 2:47 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Anon #3-

And HOW would you have supported your baby then?

***Please notice I didn't say how would the government have supported your baby, how would your parents have supported your baby, how would boyfriend have supported your baby....How would YOU have supported your baby?

And 22....a bad age to have a baby...you've GOT to be kidding me!

I smell...troll.
    Anonymous

• Anon #3 - that is truly ridiculous! I had my first baby at 29 (almost 30) and I feel I am in great shape to more babies! How is 30 considered WAY past the best age for having children. I think you shoud have done a little research before you answered this...
    tarakenyon06

Answer by tarakenyon06 at 1:39 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• My daughter's 18 now and a senior in H.S. About 2 years ago, she started being fascinated with having a baby. I asked her to tell me 3 reasons she wanted a child. What did she say? 1. Because they're so cute; 2. Because it would always love her; and 3. So she would someone to take care of. You know what I told her? Get a puppy!!!! Luckily, she was smart enough to realize that it would be a stupid thing to do when she hadn't finished high school, didn't have a job, and would more than likely spend the next 15 years trying to catch up to where she would be if she waited. Now she's talking about when she's 23 and out of college. That I can live with!
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 2:41 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Wait - they're TRYING to get pregnant? HOLYEFFINGCRAP.
    I got pregnant at 16 - I was not actively trying - and cried for almost 2 months. That was the scariest freaking time in my life.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 3:04 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I KNOW GIRL!!!

There has been one on here a lot who is TRYING to get pregnant and thinks she might be right now. She like went for a blood test yesterday or something.

I'm like SERIOUSLY?!?!? I don't care if you are engaged...WAIT UNTILL YOUR MARRIED....WAIT UNTIL YOU GRADUATE....WAIT UNTIL YOU FINISH COLLEGE!!!

Crap! I had kids before I finished college but I was married and honestly...it is HARD to go to college and raise to babies. I'm thankful my husband was done with college before we decided to get pregnant and has a good job. If I was still in high school and had a boyfriend still in high school...OMG...I can't imagine...NOT a good situation!
    Anonymous

• I wasn't trying to get pregnant at 16 (we WERE using protection) but we took responsibility, he worked already & I was getting a monthly check from SS because my dad had died. Every month when I got it I went and spent atleast half of it on getting baby stuff to be ready before the birth & he always contributed half of his paychecks every 2 weeks so don't try to knock teen parents who take care of thier kids, But yes deliberatly TRYING to get pregnant at that age is something that has been seen on talk shows for years from ricki lake to sally jessi raphael to maury to jerry. It cracks me up when maury sends them to boot camp & brings in babies for them to care for for the day but it is always heart warming when the experience is able to change a mind or 2
    Anonymous

• If we'd all be better moms then maybe our teens wouldn't feel the need to have a child so early. I heard one teen say she wanted a baby to have someone to love her. That's just a sad commentary on the type of mom she had. So quit berating the teens and lets all be better moms to our kids.
    Anonymous

• I don't know why any 16 year old would want to have a baby. They are so young and still have a lot of growing up to do. I think a lot has to do with the attention they get. I mean, they have tv shows about it.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 2:34 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Does this girl and the others like her not realize how much babies cost? Will she be using medicaid to pay for this baby? How will she pay for rent, food and diapers?

A part time job that a 16 year old can get is NOT going to pay for everything!

My sister is 20 with 2 kids. She works full time, goes to school and she still struggles to pay for everything!

I understand that things happen and I think that some teens make GREAT mothers. In fact I know teen moms who are better than mom's who are 40 but that in NO WAY says that it was easy for them. It's 10 TIMES as hard to be a teen mom as it is to be a mom who is financially stable and has support for her pregnancy.

Getting pregnant as a teen on purpose is just not a smart idea.

Not to mention with as obsessed as the girl is (if it's the one I'm thinking of) she's going to scare that boyfried or fiance away. He's too young for this too!
    Anonymous