if I pray and change will it help

my relationship is bad if I pray and try to live a better life will it help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:04 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think that seeking spiritual guidance and trying to live as well as possible always helps in times of trouble. Whether or not it will save your relationship, though, is not something I can tell you one way or the other, seeing as how I don't know you or your SO, or what the problems are between you.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 8:06 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I'm gonna answer this as honestly as I can.

yes your life will be better. It may not go in the direction you want it to though. Maybe this relationship isn't the right one for you...

best thing I can think of to explain what I mean is Garth Brooks "Unanswered Prayers"

Just because a prayer isn't answered exactly as you asked doesn't mean it's not answered.

Does that make any sense? I'm awful at explaining things like that...
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 8:07 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• thank you ladies its just that we are out of touch if that makes sense he don't make time to show me he loves me he buys me a 100 gift or something but I want him to look me in the eye and tell me he loves me that would mean the world to me

Anonymous

• If you pray and change you will be happier. God is so good. You will have peace for doing what's right. Do you have a church? You need to find a home church and fellowship with other strong believers. Get involved in the church. Their is joy in the Lord.. Accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior and he will make you clean and a new creation.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 8:15 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• "Heavenly Father, have mercy on me, a sinner. I believe in you and that your word is true. I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of the living God and that he died on the cross so that I may now have forgiveness for my sins and eternal life. I know that without you in my heart my life is meaningless.
    I believe in my heart that you, Lord God, raised Him from the dead. Please Jesus forgive me, for every sin I have ever committed or done in my heart, please Lord Jesus forgive me and come into my heart as my personal Lord and Savior today. I need you to be my Father and my friend.
    I give you my life and ask you to take full control from this moment on; I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ."
    Amen
    JCRestoredme

• thank you so so so much ....hugs
    Anonymous

• yeah it will you put God first in your life he will make it better and I know that. I know that without God I would be a mess PLEASE message me if you would like and I can talk to you more about some stuff okay? God bless you
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 8:29 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Pray and changing yourself for YOURSELF and not for your SO will help you, but you also need to take action. Nothing, no amount of praying is going to change someone else. Only you are in control of you. And if you're in an abusive relationship,don't wait for God to come down and save you, think for yourself mama.

Anonymous

• WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 9:08 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• no no he has never hit me or anything like that its just that he took a promotion at work  $15000 more a year but works 10 to 12 hours a day and we are just out of touch more money is great but I miss him if that makes sense I think i will just try and pray and think of things to do different any ideas

Anonymous