3 DPO and cervix is high and soft! It too high to tell if it's open or not. Why would this be happening AFTER ovulation?

We had sex this morning so I can't really tell what my cervical mucus is like but my cervix is high and soft.

It was hard and low (just like it normally is) 1 DPO and 2 DPO but this morning I wake up and it's so high I can only feel the very edge of it (couldn't reach it enough to see if it was open or not) and it's soft.

Any idea why this is happening?

I read that is can be a pregnancy sign but I'm only 3 DPO so that doesn't really make sense...It wouldn't have even implanted yet right?

WHAT IS GOING ON WITH ME?!?!?!?!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Are you charting basal body temperature? That's the only way to know for sure whether you did, in fact, ovulate. It is possible for your body to prepare to ovulate -- "fertile" cervical mucus, cervical position, positive OPKs, etc. -- and then not for whatever reason, in which case it will the whole process will happen again when your body prepares to ovulate again.

So if you're NOT charting temps, assume that each patch of fertile signs means that you are fertile at the moment, and that the latest one was the one resulting in ovulation, and count from there.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:45 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I USUALLY do BBT chart but we are out of town and my thermometer is at home. :(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:48 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Your cervix can change position throughout your cycle. Honestly, I only noticed mine down low and open was when I was ovulating and right after it would be high again and it never did anything different when I was pregnant until the very end of the pregnancy.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 9:36 PM on Dec. 8, 2010