Angry Tween

My 10 year old daughter seems to be awfully angry lately. She gets very mad at small stupid things and then storms off or yells. How can I help her express her anger, but not by yelling or stomping?

badmoparmom

Asked by badmoparmom at 1:25 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• I think you need to talk with her. I know she is young although she might be starting puberty. My DD is 9 and she has started and at times I am totally lost as to what to do. There is a really good book that I read called "Get out of my life but first take me and cheryl to the mall" It is a great book about how to deal with teens and tweens.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 1:48 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Have a mommy daughter date and tell her that's it's important to express anger but not in negative ways.
    Averylee85

Answer by Averylee85 at 2:31 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Try talking with her when it's not in the heat of the moment. Be a non-judgemental ear and allow her to express her feelings without downing her for how she feels. Also you may want to talk to her teacher and find out how she has been acting at school. There may be something going on there that she just hasn't spoken to you about. Good luck.
    SueAnd2

Answer by SueAnd2 at 2:52 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• It sounds like something is bugging her, I think you should have a talk with her too.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 3:42 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• She is nearing puberty and they have mixed feelings and emotions, they get emotional really easy. Try and talk to her by reassuring her you love her and give her a little more of yourself, she maybe having issues at school she wont talk about.
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 10:32 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Talk to her and tell you how you felt at her age and that you know what she's going through even though it is another time. Maybe she wanting to fit in at school with other kids and maybe their is this girl that is causeing her some problems. maybe she likes this boy or the boy is being mean to her. Kids want to know that they are heard and understood but tillthey open up to you and or someone she trust will it get better. Have a day just you and her.

paurad

Answer by paurad at 7:26 PM on Dec. 9, 2010