do you think all the kids in one house

that are about the same age should get wic? shouldn't they give wic to just the family and not each kid?

~~~ wic is a goverment food check you can get if you qualify and it gives you milk, eggs, cheese, peanut butter and juice.

if you have three kids then they each get ..i think 6 gallons of milk, 2 packs of cheese, 2 boxes of cereal, 3 contianers of juice and one jar peanut butter.....that's alot of milk for one household!!!
what do you think and i'm not talking about formula for the babies.

justgg

Asked by justgg at 8:06 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Food & Drink

• How can you meet the nutritional needs of each child if you don't do it by individual? A family of four needs more than a family of three to feed the kids. I resent people who decide not to work so they qualify for WIC. That is where the waste is. I don't think focusing on the children who need it is productive. Don't get me started on moochers!
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 6:31 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Well each child SHOULD be going through that much. Thats why they alot it. So you would need that amount for each child. However, WIC says if yuo dont need it dont get it. So just because its on the check doesnt mean you have to get it. But 3 kids under the age of 5 will definitely drink more milk than one child under the age of 5
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 8:10 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• We have two kids... We run out of everything... Milk, juice. eggs, cheese and peanut butter... The kids eat/drink 95% of it... They are healthy and beautiful!
    My big boy is 29months and we get 4.5 gal milk, 1lbs cheese, 2doz eggs, 1 jar PB, 36oz cereal, and 4 juicy juice for him...
    My Baby is 16 months and we get 4gal milk, 1lbs cheese, 1dz eggs, 1lbs dried beans, 4 juicy juice and 30oz cereal...

We still usually by cheese at least twice a month and run out of juice, milk and cereal. I don't buy the beans because my kids will just be gassy and miserable if I do. My kids go through everything they are given. If it were limited per household it would really limit those children to how much they can eat and drink... So I don't think it would be fair to them.
    Anonymous

• You can freeze the milk and the cheese.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 9:44 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Well, WIC is not Governmentally funded, it is through a private funder. But I don't see where you wouldn't be using all of these. I have two toddlers and I am out of WIC 3 weeks into the month. You can freeze the milk and defrost it later, freeze cheese as well (shred it first, because if not it will crumble when you defrost), You can also freeze eggs by scrambling them and adding either 1/4 teaspoon salt, or 1/4 teaspoon sugar depending on if they are baking or cooking. The cereal and the juice, just keep stocking them up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:15 AM on Nov. 7, 2008