Natural help for headaches?

I need some help, I have had daily headaches since the age of about 12. I have had CT scans, tests, MRI.. Nothing is "wrong" but I continue to have them. I have learned to deal with them for the most part. They do not interfere with my everyday life as I have gotten used to them.. I am not stressed, I have looked at things in my environment but no matter where I am or what I am doing they are still there.. I know alot of you moms on here are all natural and may have a remedy for me..So what is your best headache remedy?

midnightmoma

Asked by midnightmoma at 1:33 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Health

• jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 1:47 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• have you had your hormone levels checked? things can change at that age, maybe you have too much or too little of something going on.
    sorry, i am just trying to come up with ideas.
    glad to hear you go to the chiropractor regularly!
    could you have a dairy or gluten intolerance?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:26 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• http://www.livestrong.com/article/126380-willow-bark-headaches/

If you cannot take or do not want to take Aspirin, do not use WWB

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 1:46 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• i started getting headaches at that age too! i found myself taking about 20 tylenol a day, and no relief! so i quit taking anything. by the time i was 17 i began to learn what emotional stress can do to a person.
    do you have good coping skills? therapy? yoga? running? walking? kickboxing? prayer? meditation?
    have you seen a chiropractor, or an acupuncturist?
    (my headaches started when my parents divorced)
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:41 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I used to suffer from Migraines years ago, and have gotten them under control but it sounds like you do not have migraines and have had plenty of medical intervention. I hope you find something soon, meditation with mind over matter studies helped alot with me along with finding the triggers. And you are most certainly welcome.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 3:03 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Sometimes head, neck, shoulder, and/or back messages help. Sometimes putting your head down so that the blood flows to your head helps. If it's a blood sugar problem you may need to make sure you eat right on time or keep juice or candies with you all the time.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 1:57 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• . Sometimes putting your head down so that the blood flows to your head helps.
    --
    I'm sorry, but this is just simply not true in the case of vascular headaches, If you have vascular type headaches do not do this.
    headaches are often caused by vasodilation, enlarged blood vessels which you do not want to make worse by increasing bloodflow to. minimizing it with an elevated head, or ice packs on your neck will cause the vessels to constrict or get smaller and lessen the pressure in your head, thus relieving headache.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 2:15 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Thanks for the links jewjewbee.. I will look into those. I don't like taking meds every day that don't help anyways LOL.. I hate pain killers, the rebound headache is worse than the headache it's self..

Buttercup, laying down does not stop them, and I am not diabetic..
    midnightmoma

Comment by midnightmoma (original poster) at 2:36 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Happy, yes I see a chiropractor regularly.. Doesn't do much for my headaches.. As far as stress goes, well my parents divorced when I was a baby so not that.. For other stress, well I have a f**ck it mind set, if I can't change it; I don't worry about it LOL.. I am very care free and things do not get to me like most people.. It has been 23 years of constant headaches. Hope to find something that helps. No matter the activity or the environment, they are still there.. Thanks for your reply :)
    midnightmoma

Comment by midnightmoma (original poster) at 2:49 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• happy, yes I have had my levels checked as well. Also my TSH. Blood sugars, vision, allergies, etc.. I am running out of options that is why I asked here.. I am also a RN so medically, I know nothing has been found to be "wrong" yet.. I am always on the look out for the latest etc. But I also know headaches are not explained in a lot of cases, that's why I am now looking at the natural remedy side.. Nursing school doesn't go into alot of detail in this area :)

Thanks for your input, I am hoping with all the ladies on here, someone will give me a tip on something I haven't thought of. I have looked up gluten but nothing fits. I have plenty of energy, rarely sick, my BP is good. I am 5'3" and 123 pounds. I also eat like 6 times a days. I only allow myself one pepsi and day and I don't drink.
    midnightmoma

Comment by midnightmoma (original poster) at 4:01 PM on Dec. 8, 2010