Constipation? adult content

I have not had a bm in over a week. I eating well and drinking pleanty of water. I have tried apple juice and prune juice (taking stool softner everyday). The problem is I am breastfeeding and I don't know what else to take that won't harm my lo. Any suggestion?

nicjon

Asked by nicjon at 1:41 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Health

• nicjon, please do what you need to do to make it happen. After my first daughter was born, I was very constipated and it got impacted and extremely painful, even though I was on stool softeners. If it's been a week, you are probably very close to having it become impacted. Please try a glycerin suppository or a Fleet enema. Either can be purchased at the grocery store or drug store and should provide immediate relief. You cannot wait for stool softeners and such at this point. I had to use a Fleet enema for mine--only time I've ever had to do one, but it worked FAST and the relief was immense!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:55 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Try a glycerin suppository. Inexpensive and effective. Good luck!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:42 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• clear Karo syrup in a bit of milk, we use it a on constipated babies all the time, my daughter is 12 and is allergic to protein which causes constipation, and thats what i give her as well.
    GL
    hodgkinrus6

Answer by hodgkinrus6 at 1:44 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• i feel your pain, im pregnant and have not gone in like 2 weeks i cant tell you what to take, but thought that i would let you know your not alone. i hope that it doesnt last to much longer.
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 1:46 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• thanks michelle, haven't had one since she been born
    nicjon

Comment by nicjon (original poster) at 1:48 PM on Dec. 8, 2010