Strange name i've always "secretly liked" I heard today!

Today I went with my hubby to pick up some papers at his work, and a lawyer there was named "Blaise Douglas" He prounounced it BLAZE with a Z sound, not an S.. I've always loved the name Blaize, but thought & still do think its a little crazy. The funny thing is everyone always said "picture a high class lawyer being named Blaze" haha.. and I totally found one! We are having a boy however, & I cannot find names I love! I also heard the name Blaisen which I think is cute.. but not sure if its made up? pronounced Bl-ace-in

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:42 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Baby Names

• Funny because my neighbor had a baby boy this past year and his name is Blaise.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 1:44 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I know a business man named Blaze.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:44 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Blaise looks a little more dignified than Blaze.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:44 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I know two blaze both well read educated nice young men,I don't think the name thing is such a big deal anymore. Just look around any school in 10 yrs all the Dr and lawyers will have odd names.
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 1:46 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I say its your baby and you and your husband like the name, then name YOUR baby what you want. nobody else has to like it. They can name their bany what they want to. And it don't have to be Blaise
    hodgkinrus6

Answer by hodgkinrus6 at 1:48 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• "Blaise" looks like is should be pronounced "Blah-say". I dont like either personally. Blaze makes me think of a house fire.
    Anonymous

• Yeah that name is cute. I had a kid in my day care class in H.S. who had that name. Maybe he is the laywer. LOL.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 2:59 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Someone from my high school name their kid that. Blaze is the proper pronunciation for Blaise. I think it is French.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 4:45 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I've always liked the name Blaze too, but I do not like Blazen. That sounds... weird. Like "oh yeah that girl was blazin!" lol.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 4:47 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I like it. It was the name of a character on a tv show recently- can't remember the name of it though- so it may become more popular.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 5:07 PM on Dec. 8, 2010