So I posted a question yesterday about going back to work to get a break from your kids, and of course ...

Of course there is ONE ANON answer telling me it's not logical to go to work to have someone else raise my kids. The question is still open, and I know not to expect all positive feedback. But for someone to tell me these are things I should have thought about Before becoming a mother, You have got to be kidding me. My husband and I agreed around the age of 3 our oldest needs to go to daycare, even part time, for the learning and social aspects. I worked in daycare for 3 years as a preschool teacher before being a mental health therapist, before SAHM life. I know it's a hot debate, but I would like to ask this ANON woman, you mean to tell me, you took all your kids to the grocery store, to a car part store, everywhere before they were in school? Or was your husband military and gone for huge chunks of time, or was he home every night to allow you to run an errand or at least shower alone? I guess I'm venting and don't have a question. I just can't believe some people's nerves to tell others, "this is what you should have thought of before becoming a parent" Oh, sorry I didn't read that in parenting 101.

2BlondeBabies

Asked by 2BlondeBabies at 1:45 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• Here is the answer I give people when they question my decision to work:

I was raised by a working mother. I do not remember the names of the people who watched me, nor do I have a memory of being in daycare. What I do remember is my mom being there when I needed her. Spending quality time with us every day after work. My memories are of my mom, not the babysitters and daycare teachers. She is the one who rasied me, not them.
    Groovyflor1

Answer by Groovyflor1 at 5:31 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• "you mean to tell me, you took all your kids to the grocery store, to a car part store, everywhere before they were in school?"

I'm not anon, but my answer to this is YES! I have taken my kids everywhere with me when they were little. No my husband is not in the military, but he does work hard so I don't have to have a job and help support our family financially. I did not go back to work until both of my girls were in school and now that we home school I still take them with me for errands and such. I don't feel like I am being put upon to be their mom, in fact I love it!

I'm not bashing you for your choice, but I don't want to be bashed for mine either.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:13 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I think it's easy for people to criticize another person when they're not in your shoes and I think you have the right to ask a question without being bashed for it. Ignore the haters and keep your head up.
    browneyes27

Answer by browneyes27 at 1:52 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• p.s.
    there is a far cry between going to work to pay the bills and going to work to (as your title says) have a "break from the kids". I do not think that going to work JUST to have a break from the kids is right. JMHO and I don't need to hide behind the ANON button to have it!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 2:08 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Not logical? So I should stay home with my son? I'm a single mom! Who is going to pay the bills? Ignore her, 2BlondeBabies.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 1:47 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• LOL Ignore the haters, love it. It goes back to what your momma taught you, If you don't have anything nice to say don't say it at all.
    2BlondeBabies

Comment by 2BlondeBabies (original poster) at 1:53 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Seriously? How is it illogical to have someone else watch your kids so you can work? Yeah, it makes much more sense to stay home, have less money to provide for them, be more stressed and have a shorter temper all the time... Yeah, that's a better option! Come on people... I can't wait to go back to work...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:53 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I can see your side, but for me, I am no longer able to work. I do kind of miss it but I am so thankful (and lucky) to be at home FT with my kids. I love being at home with my kids and I love homeschooling them so that we all learn their studies together. I realize how lucky we are to be such a close knit family! The only thing that I would caution moms....not to love having money before love having your kids with you.
    "Love of money is the root of all evil".
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 2:04 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I need a break to do things that I can no longer do, get groceries for example. 2 babies in one cart, putting only what I can get in the bottom of the cart isn't lovely. Pushing 2 carts, isn't working either, since one kid can crawl out of the other cart. And my older one is bored at home, only one day of a play group isn't giving him the socialization he wants. We do lots of learning and fun things together, but I am at a loss. If any single mothers have any wordly advice on how to just get through the days would be appreciated!
    2BlondeBabies

Comment by 2BlondeBabies (original poster) at 2:16 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• ofcourse the anoymous doesn;t have the guts to show her face. you go back to work and you enjoy it and there is nothing wrong with it. not one bit. and someone else is not raising your child if you work. i have no idea where that came from ...oh wait i did. cafemom. it should be the theme on here. lol anyways, you do what you do what is right for you and hell we all need a break from the kids every once in awhile. i love that line.shoudl of thought of that before having kids. oh god. that is just so sad someone would even say that to somene esle. but again only on cafemom...so i am going to bump your question and good luck to you.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 2:16 PM on Dec. 8, 2010