do you or don't you

keep the noise and lights down when you put your baby to sleep and make everyone be quite while the baby is sleeping?

justgg

Asked by justgg at 8:12 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in General Parenting

• I never did this. My oldest lived in a house with 7 adults when he was first born. I found that he was able to sleep anywhere because he was used to the noise. Since he was my first, I decided to do the same for my other children.

All of my children are great sleepers.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 8:47 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• i do...i want him to sleep as long as possible!
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 8:13 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I don't go that far to an extreme, I do however take my son out of the noisy room and lay him down in a room where he can go to sleep. I believe that if you make it absolutely silent then your child is going to grow up needing that for sleep and becoming a light sleeper. I don' tknow if it's true or not but it's just my preference and it's really hard to get everyone in the house to just be quiet.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 8:13 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• yeah... its never totally quiet in y house!
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 8:16 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• No, I never changed a thing and now my kids can sleep through ANYTHING!
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 8:18 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• No when my son was a baby he could fall asleep to any sound and still now he doesn't wake too easily. I would only demand silence if he was way over stimulated (when he was a baby)
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 8:21 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• My kids sleep through anything. All I do, is MAYBE tell my older boy to hush when hes running screaming through the house...otheriwse, everything goes on as if the baby wasn't napping...
    tytysgirl

Answer by tytysgirl at 8:44 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• tonight is DD"s first night sleeping in her own room, and i have to have the TV on when i'm sleeping, so i've always kept everything on so that she can learn to sleep through it. i'm a little interested to see how it goes without her having a tv in her room.
    Tarable525

Answer by Tarable525 at 9:12 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Nope. My baby doesn't nap downstairs anymore, but he napped in a bassinet in the living room for his first 4 months. I didn't turn down or off the tv, didn't have his brothers do anything other than "no screaming" which is always a rule anyway.

He sleeps like a CHAMP!
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 9:38 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I never kept the house quiet when my kids, the t.v. or the stereo would be on and the other kids would be running around making noise. Now my kids will sleep through anything.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:22 AM on Nov. 7, 2008