I have a 20 month old and I was wondering...

what you would suggest for travling on a 23 hour train ride to CA. What should i bring to entertain him and how do we sleep in a chair together at night?? LOL This is going to be great. WOW what am I thinking!!! If you have any good ideas let me know, or if you did this already with a almost 2 year old what helped? Thank you! I'm going to bring drinks, snacks, toys, books, blanket, that's about all I can think of.

ktinaza

Asked by ktinaza at 1:48 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I brought Bend A Roos on a recent plane ride. They were a huge hit. They stick to the windows, so it was really fun. But they will only buy you around 2 hours tops. Bring M&Ms. My kids always liked naming the colors before eating them. That will be another 1/2 hour. Can you get a portable DVD player? That would be great. Good luck!!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:52 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• What about a DVD player. My kids would watch TV even for a short period of time maybe to help with the sleeping. Good Luck and have fun!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 1:51 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Hopefully you get an empty seat next to you. Was it cheaper to do the train then fly? I simply ask because I have always wanted to take my kids on a train but it is cheaper to fly.

I would bring a lot of snacks, the DVD player is good but doesn't really last that long if you don't have a place to plug in at. So I wouldn't count on just that. Bring books and crayons, toys. Good luck!!
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:45 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Why do you have to sleep in a chair together at night?
    Anonymous

• Oh, because I booked a seat and he is under 2 so he is free if he sits on my lap and we board at 4pm and arrive at like 2:30pm the next day. So we have all night and the chairs lay back a little but still we have to share it.
    ktinaza

Comment by ktinaza (original poster) at 1:51 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• DVD player is a great idea! Thanks
    ktinaza

Comment by ktinaza (original poster) at 1:52 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• What is a Bend A Roos? Never heard of it. Sounds fun though. :)
    ktinaza

Comment by ktinaza (original poster) at 1:53 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I have no suggestions~~Just wanted to say "Good Luck"!
    Carolannie

Answer by Carolannie at 1:56 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Bend A Roos are like pipe cleaners, but they are sticky. You make shapes out of them. We made glasses and everything.

http://www.bendaroosstore.com
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:59 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• a lot of dvd and a player
    dorispierce

Answer by dorispierce at 6:55 PM on Dec. 8, 2010