Why not get married?

I know this girl, she has 2 kids by the same man.
He's asked to her to marry him, she won't.
WHY THE HELL NOT?
If you don't see his as "marriage material", why are you still sleeping with him and making babies?
He's a pretty good dad, from what I can tell.
I don't get it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• Because some people just don't belive in marriage.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 1:56 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I don't get it either. Crazy.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 1:56 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Maybe she doesn't think that getting married is something she is ready for or maybe she is afraid if they get married things will change. I guess not everyone wants to be married.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 1:56 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Some people don't believe that you have to get married.

IT far easier to not have any strings attached.
    Or she may want to in the future, but she wants to see if it's the right man for her. No matter what you see on the outside.

Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:58 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Why get married? Obviously their relationship doesn't need it... Not everyone sees marriage as a MUST. I know I don't. If she doesn't, why does it matter so much to you?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:59 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Some people don't see it as necessary. Some are scared of the idea of being married. Some are worried their relationship will change. Without asking her particular reasoning, it's hard to say.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 1:59 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• She must have her reasons.

For many, marriage isn't the end all be all. It is not a "must" in order to have a happy/healthy long term relationship. I know one couple that has been together over 20 years, but they will not get legally married. They see no need in having the state recognize their relationship in order for it to be considered legit.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:01 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Not everyone wants to get married. If it works for her or them then why are you concerned?
    Mena929

Answer by Mena929 at 2:01 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• You on the outside looking in. Do you really know what is going on in their relationship. Just because you have a child by someone dosen't mean he is your soul mate. (same for being married). When she decide she ready to be married she will make that choice herself. That is a big step to take.
    Anonymous

• I don't understand it either.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 2:02 PM on Dec. 8, 2010