HIV

Do you know anyone with this disease? I found out an old school friend has it from sharing needles with an old boyfriend. Pretty sad. It was someone I never thought would be involved in that. I hear this person is doing well but almost died at one point. Whats your experience?

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 2:01 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Health

• My uncle is a doctor and works with hiv/aids patients. When I was 17 I helped him out in his practice during the summer, just cleaning and doing other minor things. I developed a friendship with one of his patients, she lasted 3 years after that, It broke my heart to see her slowly fade away :(
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 2:06 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I know someone living with HIV. He's one of my best friends.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 2:04 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I've never actually known anyone with HIV or AIDS...at least that I know of. I'm sorry about your friend. :(
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:15 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• One of our good friends is HIV positive. He has hemophilia and got it from a blood transfusion when he was just a little kid before they started screening. He was very, very lucky that it did not morph into full blown AIDS before they found effective drugs to keep it in check. I am glad that it is not the death sentence it once was.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:48 PM on Dec. 8, 2010