Do you smoke around your kids?

I'm just curious. My and my SO both smoke, we strickly smoke outside but now that it is nice out the kids are usually outside with us. I'm just wondering how people feel about this or if you do it yourself.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on Jun. 19, 2008 in General Parenting

• my husband smokes only outside and he is careful about not smoking directly in their faces or anything so even though it is not 100% safe it is a lot better than smoking in the house!
    blakensara

Answer by blakensara at 8:47 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• No smoking in our home. I have asthma and my son did also. That second hand smoke is not soo good. It is pretty dangerous. I smoked for 12 years myself and am glad to have kicked the habit. It was soo very hard, but worth the effort. I feel so much better and no longer get my seasonal bronciitis. I went through a program called "Smoke Stoppers" and quit cold turkey. It is a good class if you are interested. good luck
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 8:48 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Nope...I don't let ANYONE smoke around my kids. My dad was a very heavy smoker forever and my sister and I both smoked. Luckily I was able to kick the habit 8 years ago this month and I am so happy that I did. My sister still smokes and is so sick all the time. Now her 16 year old daughter smokes (and is pregnant which is another post!!) She also "suspects" that her son is smoking...he is 13! I'm not saying that just because you smoke your kids are gonna but that was MY personal experience.
    livytwo

Answer by livytwo at 9:17 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I don't allow anyone to smoke around my child. In fact that's the whole reason I quit smoking. It just wasn't fair to her.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 9:22 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My hubby is not allowed to smoke anywhere near our son. He smokes outside and is not allowed to smoke in the car either.
    Megn304

Answer by Megn304 at 9:42 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• No we go outside to smoke and don't smoke in the car. If we go somewhere we'll pull over and smoke outside instead of smoking in the car. My oldest has slight asthma and my little one is 2 months old, I would never think about exposing them to 2nd hand smoke!
    sweetmissy_05

Answer by sweetmissy_05 at 9:57 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• No way....never. Even when we USE to smoke, I still never smoked outside. Unless you are going straight in the shower afterwards, what good is smoking outside even?....it can still be smelled in the hair and clothes! And that 2nd hand smoke it going to be inhaled by your child. So you need to either try quitting (Chantix...that's a godsend!!!!) OR if you need to smoke and smoke outside, I hope you're jumping straight in the shower afterwards. Just because you're smoking outside doesn't mean that the child is not getting any of that 2nd hand smoke that sticks to your hands, hair and clothes.
    Mammaof2girls

Answer by Mammaof2girls at 9:58 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• YES....I've always smoked in the house. If the kids are in the living room,,,,when i'm smoking then,,that's just the deal.. we have tall ceilings in our house tho..however, many on here do as well,,, they are just not saying anyhing about it.

joni
    Mentholmom

Answer by Mentholmom at 4:13 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• nope we go outside to smoke, we don't smoke in the car and if SO smokes while i have DS outside then he always steps away and makes sure the smoke doesn't come near him.
    Jessimica

Answer by Jessimica at 12:48 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• QUIT !! Your kids can develop asthma...Don't be so selfish.
    I am a NON smoker.
    Anonymous