WHEN YOUR WATER BROKE WHAT DID IT LOOK LIKE PLAIN WATER OR LIKE PEE I DONT WANT TO CONFUSE PEE WITH MY WATER BREAKING DO YOU FEEL WHEN ITS ABOUT TO BREAK OR IT JUST DOES?

_MORENA_

Asked by _MORENA_ at 11:55 PM on Jul. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It's a red/pink color actually. AND U WILL KNOW when it breaks...TRUST ME
    Hezekiahs_mom

Answer by Hezekiahs_mom at 12:05 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• ^Mine was definitely NOT red or pink.

OP:
    It can be clear to a reddish tinted color. If it is greenish at all then *CALL YOUR DOCTOR* as it could be an infection. Anyhow you will know when it's your water and if you're still unsure then smell it. Your 'water' has a sweet smell to it.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 12:23 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• well i stood up and it was a huge GUSH of liquid...i knew for sure. Mine was slightly mec staind(he was 3days od). But yeah it doesn't stop and it feels like uncontrollable forceful peeing. If you just have a trickle i would call Labor and Delivery or your DR and get checked
    Jessimica

Answer by Jessimica at 5:31 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• It should be clear like water! If it is not, you and your baby are at risk getting an infection! Hurry to hospital anytime your water broke.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 5:41 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• Mine was clear, like a discharge only clearer and runnier....lol....Mine was NOT huge gush....just like a LOT of discharge was continuously coming out. I had to change 3 liners in a matter of 15 minutes...then my contractions started. I wasnt for sure because they say only like 3 out of 10 womens water will actually break on its own, so I was reading my pregnancy book to see and then the contractions started and I knew. Always call your dr (no matter the time, they EXPECT you to call) and let him/her know and they can tell you more then. Don't wait too long after your water breaks to get to the hospital because it increses chances of infection!
    trentntats

Answer by trentntats at 9:38 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• You can tell the difference between your water breaking and urine because with urine you can stop the flow by doing Kegal excersises, when your water breaks you can not. If it is just a small tear in the sac then it can be hard to tell. I had a tear in the first pregnancy and it only leaked when I'd get of from laying down, I thought I was peeing when I stood up. I also didn't have contractions so that is not a absolute either. If you think your water may have broken you can go to L&D and they will check the fluid for you. If this is what you've got to do be prepared to be sent home a time or two. Good Luck and I wish a gush for you so there is no confusion.
    misty1_sd

Answer by misty1_sd at 1:58 PM on Jul. 6, 2008