Would you ever steal food if you were hungry and broke?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would if my kids were hungry
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 2:08 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• If it were for my kids and I had no other choice then I would do anything !!!
    dillah5

Answer by dillah5 at 2:09 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Of course!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:09 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• i sure would. but not from people, only from big corporate stores that can afford a small loss.
    momslikeme366

Answer by momslikeme366 at 2:09 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I did as a kid at school. But now I wouldn't there are so many places to get assistance, nonprofits and churches. that it would be pretty hard to go hungry with no other option then to steal.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 2:10 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• No, but I would if my child was hungry.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:10 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• My daughter is in college. So as a single woman, I believe there are ways to be inventive and still watch your P's and Q's, meaning to make friends that possess plenty of food that have food so I wouldn't have to steal.

I have heard of police officers paying for stolen items (or at least said they would) if the groceries were strictly for children, diapers, milk, formula, etc. It there was steak and liquor in your grocery basket, don't count on any forgiveness.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 2:14 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I personally have much more respect from those who beg for "food" rather then "money." Not that I don't feel sorry for neither. just that, when people are pan handling too much, it can become an issue--yet soemone who asks for food, that's when I feel even more sorry for them.

In that case, I don't believe its wrong, since food is the only way to survive--but it depends on the circumstances. But people who are desperate for food, I feel more bad for them then those who steal "things" or "money."
    psychicRaelene3

Answer by psychicRaelene3 at 2:15 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I think there are almost always other options. Soup kitchens and community meals, food shelves, food stamps, etc. But if it were truly a steal-or-starve choice, yes I would.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:45 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Yes. If I had no choice. (but there are always choices in the age we live in)
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 3:52 PM on Dec. 8, 2010