About inducing labor...

I've only had one child, and had to be induced then. Does that make my chances of needing induced higher the second time? My mom had three kids; my older brother came on his own, but both myself and my younger sister had to be induced fifteen days after we were due to be born, so that's why I'm wondering...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:17 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i dont think it would but im not sure i never had to have it was really close but didnt have to i would just say each time is diff and i would just hope that this one comes out on their own lol
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 8:25 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• No it shouldn't raise your chances at all.Each birth is different.Both of mine were induced,but the 2nd time was because they didn't think I'd be able to deliver him considering how big he already was.
    Anonymous

• Anon, how big was he when they induced you and how big did he end up being? Did you need to get a c-section? How did they induce you?

Sorry I'm kind of in the same boat so I have all these questions haha
    ours

Answer by ours at 8:45 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• You never have to be induced if everthing is normal, and just cuz you go over your "due date" doesn't mean there is something wrong.. So, No it doesn't raise your chances, most drs do it for selfish scheduale reasons any ways
    Anonymous

• Well technically sometimes you DO need to be induced. If they find that your due date is correct and you're 42+ weeks it becomes dangerous for the baby. Their environment starts to deteorate and the placenta is unhealthy. When the doctors wait the baby can be born with very loose skin, an odd color, and with a low birth weight.
    ours

Answer by ours at 8:48 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• >>>ANSWERING ours<<<

He was just a little guy, but I was having Braxton Hicks with him from 6 weeks before I was due. They attempted to induce me once, but after awhile the contractions died off, even with the pitocin drip. So they tried again a couple days later, but this time admitted me to LD the night before and put a cervadil chip in my cervix to soften it up, and that was pretty much all it took, though they did still use the pitocin drip and that made my labor go very quickly. He was born an hour after my water broke!
    Anonymous

• Babies come when they are ready and unless there is a real medical reason for induction, doesn't happen as often as they say you never need to be induced and in fact you can just tell them you don't want to be!!! And after 42 weeks it is rare that you have to be induced, because babies know when they are ready and more often then not people and machines are just wrong about there dates!!!!!!!!!
    luvmybabiegirlz

Answer by luvmybabiegirlz at 11:08 PM on Nov. 6, 2008