Have you ever considered being a Foster Parent?

SavageGrl

Asked by SavageGrl at 2:11 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• Nope. I'd get too attached and wouldn't be able to handle it when they took them back. However, I REALLY want to adopt a baby.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:12 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Good luck ^^
    SavageGrl

Comment by SavageGrl (original poster) at 2:14 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I've thought about it and my husband is open to the idea. He was adopted and I think that has put a tender spot in his heart for children in need.
    Averylee85

Answer by Averylee85 at 2:15 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Yes, and we probably will when our kids are older and out of the house. I grew up with my parents bringing in foster kids (57 over the years) and it made life really stressful for me growing up. I would love to help out kids in need, but I want to raise my own first.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:18 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I've considered it at least 100 times. My husband always says no because he worries about the stress it would cause me to give them back to uncertain situations and pass them off into a world where other foster homes may not be as good and loving as our own. So instead I volunteer for The Urban Child Institute and other organizations, mostly as a childbirth educator and doula.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 3:28 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• We are actually in the process of it right now. We want to foster parent with the expectation of adoption. If you are curious about it or have any inclination, they have great classes that don't require anything from you but your time. They are really informative and will help you decide if foster parenting could work for you.
    JayminsMom

Answer by JayminsMom at 3:41 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Yes. We adopted privately but if we do it again it will be through the state and with foster adopt program. If they do nit stay with us it will be okay. The point is to raise them while you have them.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 4:03 PM on Dec. 8, 2010