WERE DO I GO FOR HELP FOR CHRISTMAS

IM A MOTHER OF 4 GREAT KIDS AND I HAVE NO WAY TO BUY THEM CHRISTMAS PLEASE HELP .

cearra2

Asked by cearra2 at 2:12 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• You can go to any of your local churches. It may be too late though. I tried once and it was past the deadline. Good luck!!
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 2:13 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• start by talking to some local churches, they will be able to tell you where you can go for the adopt a family program, but hurry they have deadlines
    momslikeme366

Answer by momslikeme366 at 2:13 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Local churches, talk to your childs school, Salvation Army Wal-Mart tree, it may be too late as the pp poster said.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 2:18 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• It is kind of late in the year but ask on freecycle and wishuponahero.Freecylce you can regift toys and other things you find on there also try craigslist
    smilingmomma

Answer by smilingmomma at 2:20 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I agree is probably too late. They start signing up for that stuff around our area at Thanksgiving time.
    Anonymous

• Call your town offices, police department, fire department and ask if there are Christmas programs you can sign up for. Also go to your state, city, and county websites (Google them) and search for charity programs and/or use the "contact us" links to call about programs. There are many programs out there but they all have different names and you need to put in the research. You also might call your three top TV stations (Google CBS, ABC, and NBC for your area) and call them too if you do not see any Christmas charities info on their website. They all have these programs. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:26 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Sometimes going to your local agencies don't work. I have found that out. By listening to other's in need.  I would talk to friends, family and my church members and see if they can start a "Giving" basket for each of these children. This is my calling from God and I have many FB friends that are interested in doing this here in Central FL.  I will design and make the baskets, put in an item, pass it on to someone else, and so on and so on.  Then the basket will be given back to me to close on and delivered. It is done discreatly.  This is easy on each person, less money spent and it makes them feel good in the heart, because this is what God wants us to do.  These baskets can be done for many reasons.   Good Luck and Hope all turns out well.  God Bless!

Caring1

Answer by Caring1 at 10:15 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Here the Salvation Army Angel Tree sign ups are over. I go the 14th to get the kids presents. This is the first year I have ever done and I only did it to make sure they have something under the tree.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 11:25 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• wishaponahero.com is a great site :)
    nickynova

Answer by nickynova at 11:57 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• See if theres a Jaycees organization in your area who can help or try Toys for Happiness.
    guardmp_MOM

Answer by guardmp_MOM at 12:34 PM on Dec. 9, 2010