HOMEMADE BREAD

Do ya make it from scratch? I miss doing that....used to do that alot as a kid & watch my Mom and Grandma. I would love an easy recipe. I know there are tons on line, but what type do you like making?

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 2:17 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Food & Drink

• My mom and I used to make homemade white bread. Like my Grandma used to make for her. But I moved out and now we don't do it anymore. I've bought frozen dough from walmart that is not bad but takes a while to thaw and bake. But if you don't have a good mixer with dough hooks it's a good stand-in. Now I want some homemade bread. lol
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 2:30 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I make a lot of bread these days. I found a recipe for Saltgrass's Shiner Bock Bread. I LURRRVE it!
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 2:20 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I love home made bread. I use to make it a lot before I got pregnant. Know that things have settled down after baby. I can't wait to start again. I find recipes on line like allrecipe.com and try them and see if we like them.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 2:23 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I do make homemade bread. I have a Kitchenaid stand mixer & use it to make our basic white bread (using a mix of whole wheat & unbleached white flour) for sandwiches, etc. I also bought a book called "Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day" and I'm learning how to make up a larger quantity of dough & then bake it as needed over a week or two. I also make quickbreads to use for breakfasts & snacks.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 2:23 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I love bread from scratch! I make italian bead once in a while. Every holiday I make a twisted garlic and rosemary bread which gets HUGE in the oven and is soooooooooooo good. I got the recipe off taste of home magazine a few years ago
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:05 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Sorry only use the bread machine or the beer bread mixes from tastefully simply...yummy!
    MommysAngels810

Answer by MommysAngels810 at 3:55 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I have done it, its something my mom and I used to do. Im hardly ever in the kitchen anymore though.
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 4:15 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I use to work at this nursing home where a nun was in charged
    of the kitchen... she would make home made breads. she give the ones
    that worked in the kitchen a loaf of bread.. I dont like bread , but this bread
    was soooo good.
    She made great christmas cookies too....
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 4:13 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• the only bread I make is banana or zucchini
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 5:18 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• when I say homemade bread I mean no machine do everything yourself! I love doing it....but yes the machines are handy I never bought one because I know my ass would double in size if I do! : )
    sarasmommy777

Comment by sarasmommy777 (original poster) at 2:33 PM on Dec. 8, 2010