Does it make sense to get an AA degree these days? Will it help?

I have no degree. Will an AA degree help get employment? Would going for a certificate be better? Can I concurrently get a certificate and AA in community college?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in

• It depends on what the AA is in. I will have an AA in May and it won't help me get a job, but it helped me get my GPA up so I can go on to get my BA. I also had my AA paid for by the state I live in. My gen eds are almost completed and they transfer to my BSW and MSW. My BSW will be for more that personal development, it will be to GET A JOB, a CAREER. My AA was more for personal development.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:49 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Actually, yes. If the school is not a proprietary (for profit). Reason, two year degrees are mostly meant for job orientation, where as a four is more for personal development. I'm starting to question the value of a four year at this point.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 2:28 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

Next question in
Is there a school?

Next question overall (Trying to Conceive)
try to conceive