is my son where he should be at in development?

Hes 1 year and 2 1/2 months old He only has 4 teeth and is starting to get his next set. Also He cant talk or understand what i say sometimes, he shakes his head no no. if i say nono but i have to shake my head in order for him to do it and that gos along with dancing.hes hard to get my attention. he walks. but hes very wobbly.. he babbles. he responds when we talk to him but he loses interest ...he cries to get what he wants. he doesnt know what momma or dada means.. or at least i dont think he does. The reason i ask this doubtful question is because most of my friends or people i know , their babies are a little more ahead then mine .. my friends baby is getting his molars and hes only 4 days or so older than my son .. soo do you think my son will be okay ? i just want whats best and to be healthy and smart

Luckyme3487

Asked by Luckyme3487 at 2:31 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I agree with the previous answer, babies all develop at their own pace and unless they are severly behind it's nothing to worry about. Babies get teeth at all different times, some babies get teeth at 2 or 3 months old, others don't have any until they are over a year old. Some babies are walking by 8 months old, others don't walk until 18 months old and are perfectly healthy and normal. The only thing I would maybe be concerned about with your son is that he doesn't seem to understand you, but he's probably fine. I was so worried my son was behind when he was that age, I couldn't even tell that he understood his name until he was about 18 months old, he only had a few words and even at 2 years old no one could understand him but me. Anyway he is 5 now and in 1st grade (I'm homeschooling so he can go at his own pace). He is a very bright kid, when he started talking meant nothing.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 2:41 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• All babies are different. If you're worried, you can always ask your pediatrician.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 2:36 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• You might want to get his hearing checked if he isn't speaking or responding to words.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 2:37 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• sounds fine to me

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:38 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Hes still young id get his hearing checked but speanking hes young some dont talk to 2 have asked his doc
    strictmomhere

Answer by strictmomhere at 2:41 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• He sounds perfectly normal to me.
    Mipsy

Answer by Mipsy at 3:01 PM on Dec. 8, 2010