baked chicken w/ bbq sauce...

how do i make it? oven temp? time thanx mamas

mamasmurf171

Asked by mamasmurf171 at 2:42 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I always cook my chicken first because I am a freak about raw food. I then put it in a baking dish cover with bbq sauce. Set oven at 350 for about an hour. It is also good to put bacon and cheese on top!
    mommy2karsyn

Answer by mommy2karsyn at 2:44 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Not sure about the oven. I have always done mine in the crockpot for about 8 hours.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 2:45 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Usually use small fryer thighs because they cook faster. Then put in greased pan or one lined with foil and pour over your sauce. Cover and bake at 350 for about 45 minuts. The uncover for 15 minutes or so. Just check it periodically, you don'tr want it to burn or dry out. Yuck!!! My oven heats hotter so mine is done quicker than this but that is what my recipes say!
    MommysAngels810

Answer by MommysAngels810 at 2:57 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I cook mine on about 375 for an hour maybe more because my chicken breasts tend to be thick. Bone in chicken breast cook differently too! Your best bet is to just get a thermometer! And yuo can bake the entire time with sauce on the chicken...If it has skin on it will get a good flavor deep in the chicken/skin!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 2:58 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I prefer the crock pot also - make the BBQ sauce and put the chicken in there on low for around 6-8 hours
    tarakenyon06

Answer by tarakenyon06 at 3:50 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• yes I cook the chicken first. 350 for about an hour. then put the bbq. on and put back in oven for about 10 to 15 min.
    or heat the bbq. before you put on the chicken..
    I like rice and green beans as side dishes with my chicken..
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 3:53 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I cook in sauce - 400 for 45 mins usually
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 5:16 PM on Dec. 8, 2010