When you're feeling down, how do you pick up your mood?

listening to tunes Happy music usually works for me.  What works for you?  whistling

ss_mom

Asked by ss_mom at 2:48 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Health

• Do something for someone else. Sometimes, I go to the retirement home and visit. Sometimes, I will just do a random act of kindness. Sometime, I will just pick up the phone and call someone that I know is going through a rough time. It works every single time, so I highly recommend it for removing yourself from the "dumps."
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:03 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Oh please, you Pollyannas! Let's try and be helpful, shall we? Drink. A nice chilled riesling does wonders for the mood....
    LisaLulu

Answer by LisaLulu at 2:22 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I like to kick the dog. That helps. Then I raise my glass of Chianti to LisaLulu.

Okay.  Settle down, everyone.  I don't really kick the dog.  I just think about doing it.  It still helps.  But since I don't actually kick the dog, I have to pour a slightly larger glass of wine to compensate.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 3:40 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Wow! I kick the dog, too! And kittens...that really makes me feel better.

Kidding. I simply think of my fantasmagorical friends, and everything seems brighter. ;)
    used2chaos

Answer by used2chaos at 5:26 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Shakira paints?
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 3:37 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I picture selling the object of my frustration on Ebay, complete with the packing process.
    sherriet

Answer by sherriet at 7:28 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I try not to kick the dog too hard. I kid. I kid. I have never kicked my dog.
    I pour a glass of Riesling and chat with my Superfriends. That always perks me right up.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 9:23 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I think about people less fortunate than I am and what I can do to help and it always puts a smile on my face. I think of my grand children also. They make me happy.
    Caring1

Answer by Caring1 at 12:48 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Go for a run!
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 2:48 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I am with FelipesMom. A good jog always clear my mind.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 2:49 PM on Dec. 8, 2010