Kids with saggy pants being "Urkeled." Good idea?

Threat of being "Urkeled" keeps students from sagging.

http://www.wmctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13625348

Westside Middle School combined a popular TV character, an award system and zip ties to turn their campus into a no sagging zone.

Staff members walk the halls with zip ties.  If they see saggy pants, the student gets "Urkeled."

"You slide it over, take out the remaining slack," said teacher Shaka Greene.  "It's almost impossible to get it off."

"They can put your pants as high as your chest," said Vann.  "And they can put as many as three or four on you."

The school even has an Urkel photo board for all the students to see.

tasches

Asked by tasches at 2:57 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in

• Wonder if we could get away with doing that at the Mall?? I'm really tired of being mooned in the mall.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:09 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I don't think thats right.. They can ruin the students' jeans and if they yank em up to high..it can hurt.

I do think that they should maybe have sweatpants or something there.. and make the kids change or maybe have the parents bring them other pants if they are not following the dress code.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:59 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Sounds like a good idea. I wish I could do that to some people in public. What is sad is that alot of them are adults.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 3:00 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• wow
    SummerStarr73

Answer by SummerStarr73 at 3:02 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• sounds like a great idea to me!
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 4:00 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Funny but the kids that wear their pants on the ground won't comply. They'll think it's stupid.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 6:58 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Funny but wrong.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:47 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I think it's an excellent idea. Much better than mine which is to use a staple gun to keep them in place!!
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 10:59 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I think its funny
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 2:58 PM on Dec. 8, 2010